𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤.

act one ━━ FUCK, HE'S PRETTY

In the TARDIS, Martha sat demurely, the Doctor flipping a couple of levers. His eyes were bright and joyful, dancing around the console as he worked his beautiful transportation. Andromeda strolled in, wearing a black, low-cut blouse and some smart black trousers. Her lips were painted a deep rouge and her shoes were black high-top converse, deeply contrasting with her clothing. "Just one trip 's what I said. One trip, in the TARDIS, and then home. Although, I suppose we could, stretch the definition. Try one trip to the past, one trip to the future. How do you fancy that?" The Doctor beamed, Martha's eyes lighting up significantly.

"No complaints from me!" She replied, thrilled as Andromeda smiled softly at the female. "Me neither." Andromeda spoke, the other two turning to her figure with a grin, the Doctor's cheeks instantaneously flushing from yesterday's events. The reaction amused Andromeda, a soft laugh sounding from under her breath.

"How about a different planet?" The Doctor asked, Martha nodding to his words as Andromeda made herself comfortable in the captain's chair. "Can we go to yours?" Martha wondered, the Doctor's face dropping in a pained motion, Andromeda inwardly wincing as she attempted to think of a way to stop this torture on the Doctor. "Ahh, there's plenty of other places!" He played it off, eyes downcast as Andromeda got up and placed a comforting hand on his own away from view. His body softened, intertwining his fingers with hers as she rubbed her thumb over his knuckles.

"Come on, though! I mean, the Planet of the Time Lords, that's got to be worth a look! What's it like?" Martha continued to question, unaware of the discomfort the Doctor felt by acting like everything was okay, like there was a home to go back to. "Well, it's beautiful, yeah." He mumbled, trying to keep his sadness contained. "Is it like, you know, outer space cities, all spires and stuff?" Andromeda soon grew to become frustrated at Martha's lack of awareness, at her obliviousness to the Doctor's clear avoidance of the topic.

"Suppose it is." Andromeda replied for the Doctor, his irises flickering to hers, gratitude within them as she simply turned back to Martha, squeezing his hand reassuringly. "Great big temples and cathedrals!"

"Yeah." Andromeda smiled hesitantly, the Doctor feeling a lump grow in his throat. "Lots of planets in the sky?"

"The sky's a burnt orange, with the Citadel enclosed in a mighty glass dome, shining under the twin suns. Beyond that, the mountains go on forever, slopes of deep red grass, capped with snow." The time lord described, lost within his thoughts of his destroyed paradise, Martha's expression completely enthralled.

"Can we go there?"

"Nah, where's the fun for the Doctor? He doesn't want to go home, instead, what about somewhere that the Doctor can experience too?" Andromeda disagreed, the Doctor nodding as he began to tweak some settings. "This is much better. Year five billion and fifty-three, planet New Earth! Second hope of mankind! Fifty thousand light years from your old world, and we're slap bang in the middle of New New York. Although, technically it's the fifteenth New York from the original, so it's New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York. One of the most dazzling cities ever built."