Third Time's A Charm

Marshall POV

We were back at the beach house and Lilly was tucked in for the night. I couldn't sleep and found myself staring at her and stroking her hair as she lay next to me in slumberland. After thirty minutes of being fully awake, I grabbed my phone and made my way onto the sundeck to dial Paul and not disturb Lilly.

"Marshall, what the fuck? It's after 2 AM." Paul drowsily answered.

"Really? It's only a little after eleven here."

Paul sighed in annoyance.

"Thanks a lot asshole, you sent my wife off to have a major surgery and didn't tell me shit about it!" I was pissed at first.

"Yeah, I did. And are you happy with the result?"

I couldn't argue with that, "It's amazing Paul. We had the best day we've had in a long, long time."

"Good, that's what I was hoping for."

"But I was thinking, the kids don't have school tomorrow, it's Martin Luther King Jr. day on Monday."

"Yeah, I know, it's a four-day weekend. Why do you think I got you guys such a big place?" Paul was always on the ball, even in the middle of the night. "I should fly the kids out there; I could even ask Nate and Ash if they want a little getaway. You could throw a real party for Lilly and this way, Tessa will be able to be there too."

"Oh, that'd be dope!" I smiled at the thought.

"It was Allison's idea."

"Ok, Lilly's supposed to go to this flea market, or whatever the fuck it is, in the morning with her daughter."

"I'll get with Shiq and I'll set it up."

"Alright thanks Paul."

I stood in the darkness on our deck for a few minutes to take in the ocean. This would work out perfectly. Lilly and Tessa will be spending the day together tomorrow while Shiq takes care of decorations. I'll tell Lilly and Tessa; I'm taking them out to dinner and surprise them with the fam being here in LA with us. Shiq could call up some of Lilly's old friends from when she lived out here and some of Tessa's friends from her old high school here in Cali. I was suddenly super excited for the following evening.

I heard the glass door slide open and my wifey stepped out with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"What are you smiling about?" She beamed.

Oh my god, she's gorgeous.

"I'm just happy." We were both grinning like a bunch of goons. "C'mere, sit down."

I pulled her onto a lounge chair with me and wrapped us in the blanket with my arms surrounding her to keep her safe. Lilly's a soldier, she flew all the way out here on her own to take on this major surgery by herself. I never imagined her trip would bring us together the way it had. We sat there listening to the waves roar in and out as I kissed the aroma of her hair.

"I'm so glad you came out here and got the procedure." I nearly whispered it.

"It seemed like the right thing to do."

"Yeah, I mean, fuck it. It doesn't matter how we got here. All that matters is the fact that we're here now."

"Yeah, but there's one more thing I want to tell you." Lilly turned to face me. "In order to do this, I had to borrow some money. Paul gave me $200,000. Well actually, he gave me about $150,000 because I paid for part of it by myself."

That hit me so hard. I swear, my eyes teared up for a second, she is the sweetest thing. I looked deep into her hazel eyes to reach her soul.

"I love you Lilly, so much." I kissed her forehead.

"I love you too honey."

"Baby, money ain't a thing. I gotchu. And I'm giving you your fifty grand back. I ain't gonna have my wife paying for her own surgery." I kissed her head.

"Thank you, Marshall. You know how much I appreciate you, right? The places we go, the things we do. You make me feel like a queen. The life you have given us is kinda amazing."

"That's what I'm going for." I groaned into her ear as I made my way to kiss on her neck and snaked my arm around her to play with her titty.

Lilly kissed me for minute and then giggled as she drew away, "Marshall, it's the middle of the night. I want to go to sleep."

"C'mon." I coaxed as I kissed my way between her boobs and jiggled em.

That made her giggle more in giddiness, "we already did it twice today."

"We're makin up for lost time." I moaned against her chest.

She was just playin hard to get because I knew she wanted it as bad as I did. She's fucking hot, and I really love her. We've spent all this time with shit being fucked up, I just wanted to be with her.

Lilly started kissing me back as I laid her back on the chair to lower my head between her legs.

I whispered, "Third times a charm."