~•*•~NINE~•*•~

That night Hana just stared at Jungkook while he slept soundly. She laid on her side facing him, both arms folded under her head like a pillow.

"How could I forget your face?" She whispered. Those doe eyes, sculpted nose, chiseled jawline, soft lips and that tiny mole under it.

She reaches out to touch his cheek but as expected her hand just passed through him. How she wished to touch him again even for a minute to feel his warmth and let him feel her love.

Love. All this time she still loves him. After years of wandering aimlessly on earth, not knowing her purpose or the reason why she hasn't crossed over, she still has the same intense feelings for Jungkook.

She doesn't know why or how but tears started trickling from her eyes. Then in a split second, Jungkook opened his eyes and sees a weeping lady in front of him.

Jungkook sees Hana lying on her side facing him but her eyes were closed yet streams of tears were flowing? How is that even possible? What a weird dream, he thought.

Hana opened her eyes and was shocked to see Jungkook looking straight at her... into her teary eyes... He could see her? Wait, this couldn't be a dream since spirits aren't suppose to be seen by humans unless they allow them to right?

"Kook?..." was all she could come up with.

"Hana?..." Jungkook says before springing up to sit with a surprised expression on his face. "Are you making me see you?... because I can totally see you..." He stammered.

"What?..." She matched Jungkook's position and sits up to face him again. This time Jungkook could clearly see her not looking like a spirit or a reflection but skin, flesh and bones like Hana is... ALIVE.

"Yes, you just blinked your eyes at me... how? I mean when... why is this happening?" He blurted out in confusion, searching for an answer. "Why are you crying?..." His face suddenly changed from confused to concerned.

"I... I was just..." Hana couldn't tell him, it might be too soon and too overwhelming for Jungkook to handle everything in just one go.

Jungkook reached out his hand to wipe the tears off her face not really sure why but he just did. Like a dream, she felt his warm touch. Both their eyes widely looking at each other... shocked.

"What the... Hana... I... I just... did you feel that? I just touched you!" He quickly puts both hands cupping her face. She holds him by the wrist and for the first time in years Hana regained her sense of touch.

Her tears were endless with all the emotions kept inside. Hana couldn't take it, she just lets go and hugs her Kookie, wrapping both arms around him feeling him in her loving embrace.

Jungkook hugged her back without hesitation. He knew it must be an overwhelming experience for Hana so he just hugs her back. He starts stroking her hair while one arm wraps around her waist.

They stayed like that for a while, none of them wanting to let go. "Shhhh... Hana don't cry... please don't cry." Jungkook pulls her to lie beside him, still wrapped around his arms.

Hana buries her face in Jungkook's chest not letting go until Jungkook's arms loosened a bit while he fell deep in sleep.

*******
"What a weird dream Miri..." Jungkook mumbles as he hugs the sleepy dog when he woke up the next morning. He gets up and realized Hana wasn't around. "Hana?... are you here?"

<silence>

Jungkook went to his kitchen to fix breakfast but he was suddenly interrupted by a a familiar voice.

"Good morning Kook!" Hana says with a huge smile on her face appearing from behind him. Jungkook almost blew the milk he was about to drink up seeing Hana in the flesh.

"Oh God..." Hana runs to his side stroking Jungkook's back gently. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook calms down and looks directly at Hana not believing how he could finally see her. "I thought it was a dream..."

"How can this happen, I mean... Did something happen? Has anything like this happened before?" Jungkook asks Hana.

Hana didn't know if it was the right time to tell him. Not that she wants to hide the truth but she wanted to find out first why all his memories of her just disappeared. There must be a deeper reason.

"Kook, I sort of had snippets of memories come to me since yesterday." She said as she sat across him behind the kitchen counter.

"Was that why you were silent the entire time?" He reached out to place a hand on hers. "Are you okay? Is there something that could give us a clue why you're still here?"

"I'm not sure, I just see visions (lie), they're not even clear (another lie) so nothing really important (a total lie)." Hana replied, totally not liking how she's concealing the truth from him. She looked down at his hand comforting her with his grip.

"Hey, don't feel bad. I'm sure you'll get more vivid memories later. Just don't be too hard on yourself. I'll help you as much as I can... I promise." With that he goes behind Hana, hugging her while resting his chin on her head.

*******
💜 "Thank you for reading my work."

🙏🏼 "Please hot VOTE and leave COMMENTS!"