~•*•~TWELVE~•*•~

"Jeon Jungkook... Dr. Kim is ready to see you." The nurse told him, gesturing for the opened door.

Jungkook entered the room and was greeted by the familiar Doctor whom he hasn't seen for a while. Not because he didn't want to but because he's been doing fine all this time.

"Jungkook... take a seat, it's good to see you again." Dr. Kim says smiling at his longtime patient.

"Hello Dr. Kim. I'm sorry for missing my last sessions." He says with a weak smile.

"That's alright, it happens all the time especially when patients are doing well. I'm assuming that's the case with you." He replied.

"If not having my entire memory back is a good thing, then I guess I'm doing good." Jungkook says in defeat.

"Jungkook, don't start going down that road again. Blaming yourself for not remembering. You've done so much progress to just let go and give up." He says with a worried look.

"I know, I've learned a lot in the past sessions." Jungkook says.

"So... what brings you here really?" Dr. Kim says

"I want to give hypnosis another try..." Jungkook says firmly.

"I thought you'd never ask." Dr. Kim's face lit up.

*******
This morning when Jungkook asked if she wanted to come with him to his checkup, she declined. Her plan was to follow his mom around and find out as much as she can. So she bluffed saying she just wanted to go with his mom and see what the family business is.

She trailed Jungkook's mom to the cafe but she didn't find anything even close to what she wanted to know. Hana was about to give up and return to the house on her own when something caught her attention.

The car parked right outside belongs to someone she knows. Then a familiar face walks in the cafe exactly at closing time. "Hobi?" Seeing Jungkook's childhood friend sparked hope in Hana's dark path. But something was different. He looks the same but not his usual jolly self.

"Mrs. Jeon... I came here as soon as I heard. Where is he?" He asked as Mrs. Jeon led him to sit opposite her in the farthest table of the cafe.

"He's with his dad now coming from his checkup with Dr. Kim." She said. "Hobi, I'm so sorry to drag you into this but if he starts remembering, he might attempt to... to take his life again. I just want you to please help my son not remember."

Hana could see Hobi's pained expression... "Mrs. Jeon, I've said too much lies to him that I can't even remember the truth anymore..." Hobi said shaking his head.

"Please Hobi, I beg of you... please help us help him... save him from himself..." Mrs. Jeon was on the verge of crying and Hobi couldn't look at her.

Mrs. Jeon held both his hands and bowed her head to beg. "Please... help my son..."

Hobi is crushed seeing his best friend's mom beg for his help but telling lies to Jungkook in order for him not to remember his past was more difficult.

Hana doesn't know the rest of the story but somehow she's getting a clearer view of what the real situation is. What she got from their conversation so far is that Jungkook tried killing himself but it doesn't really make sense to her.

Jungkook is not the type to resort to self harm. She remembers him to be strong and hopeful about life. "Why would you take your own life Kookie?" She whispered to herself.

She thought of following Hobi out and probably try to find out more. She slipped into the backseat of his car while Hobi took the driver's seat, right beside her was someone Hana doesn't recognize. She might be his girlfriend?

"I don't know if I can continue doing this Kara..." Hobi leaned over the steering wheel feeling frustrated.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about so I guess I don't know what to say." Kara replied. She seems like a nice girl but I guess Hobi never told her.

"Let's just get out of here..." Hobi said before driving off.

He parked the car in front of a house that Hana assumed to be Kara's. "Okay, so I'll just see you tomorrow."

"Kara, I think I need to tell you what really happened..." Hobi said holding on to her hand. He needed someone to tell, someone he trusts and who will be honest with him. Though he promised Jungkook's mom he'd never tell anyone, he just needed to let it out.

*******
💜 "The truth is unfolding..."

🙏🏼 "Please hit VOTE and leave COMMENTS!"