Ch. 24 A thousand butterflies

Konan sat down on the opposite bed.

"I think we should get to know each other." said Ryū out of the blue. Konan looked at him curiously.

"I want us to be able to work together, We don't have to like each but understanding each other's fighting style and among other things will encourage teamwork... and not get us killed at the same time." explained Naruto. "I will start first... I use all combat ranges ranging from long to close quarters combat, though I prefer close quarters, I am very ninjutsu heavy and sometimes I use genjutsu, I like to mock my opponents so they can loose focus and make mistakes and I prey upon those mistakes and finish them off my opponents."

Konan was perplexed that he was willingly giving her information about him. She sighed knowing that he was correct.

"I am a ranged combatant which will aid you because of your preferable being close quarters combat, I am able to turn my body into paper and hardening them with my chakra to become tougher than steel, I am able to form weapons from those papers sheets as well and I can suffocate people and slice them to pieces with said paper... and because the paper is infused with chakra fire jutsu's will hardly work against me and water ninjutsu will have a similar effect." disclosed Konan.

"Very good, if you want to get to know me on a personal level then, just ask." said Naruto emotionlessly. Konan wasn't sure if she 'should' ask, other than Nagato she hardly knew anyone in the Akatsuki the only other member she liked was Itachi and they have hardly spoken to each other.

Later their food arrived and they ate in silence.

Naruto woke up the next day early. He looked over at Konan who was still wearing her cloak, sleeping on the bed.

He got up and created ten shadow clones. And ordered them to learn the Hiraishin that he 'inherited' from his father. He knew that he couldn't learn such an advanced and powerful jutsu in a few days even with shadows clones and the sharingan, it would take him a few weeks or a couple of months depending upon the difficulty of the jutsu.

So the original Naruto meditated for a few hours, even with the healing rate he had acquired from the kyuubi he still needed to meditate so he could sort out the memories of his clones.

Konan woke up and the first thing she noticed was Ryū Yokaze meditating on his bed. His chest armour was off allowing Konan to see his great muscles. And she also noticed that his low ponytail fell between his shoulder blades and was thin but not too thin, that was something she never noticed. And somehow he didn't have a single scar on his body wait no, adjusting her eyes to the light Konan saw what appeared to be a point of contact for a lightning bolt which struck him over his heart and it's appearance was grizzly to say the least, she had one or two scars on her body but they were small and hard to locate. And still she never expected Yokaze to have blonde hair she originally pegged him as a man with black hair.

Deciding to use this time of meditation to her advantage she subtly walked into the bathroom and stripped down naked. She peaked through the door to see Ryū still sitting there, unmoving. She turned on the shower and gracefully step in and started washing herself but made sure to remove or origami flower and Akatsuki ring. Her ring was white in colour and had the kanji for 'white (白)' on it.

After she was down Konan dried herself off with a towel. And she put all her clothes back on. She left the bathroom to find Zetsu and Ryū conversing with each other. They looked back at her.

"We have found Orochimaru's hideout." stated Naruto. Now Konan was interested. "Our primary objective was to collect his ring and killing him a secondary objective... His base is 17 kilometres southwest from our position hidden within the ground... this will make getting into his lair all that much more difficult."

"Do we even know where the door to his hideout is?" asked Konan. But this time it was Zetsu who answered.

"The door is surrounded by trees and it's a metal hole in the ground... it's just like what Ryū said it's 17 kilometres southwest from here." spoke Zetsu.

With that in mind Zetsu melded into the ground, Both Naruto and Konan were ready to depart. But Konan remembered to pay the receptionist, something that never came to mind for Ryū.

Both walked towards their destination, there was little need to run. Then Konan remembered what Ryū said about getting to know each other and work cohesively as partners.

"Ryū... what do you like?" asked Konan. Ryū was caught off guard by this question, he couldn't remember what it was that he liked.

"I like training and expanding my arsenal as a shinobi and fighting strong opponents." replied Naruto. Well it was progress in character development she expected him to brush off the question.

"And what do you dislike?" she continued. He did say that if she wanted to know him as a person she would just have to ask.

"I dislike Idiots, Arrogant people, ignorance and snakes." spoke Ryū. Though Konan would never know that what he meant by snakes was actually Orochimaru.

"Then I get the feeling that you won't like Orochimaru." said Konan, and she received a nod of confirmation from Ryū.

They now saw the metal hole in the ground where Zetsu told them Orochimaru could be found.

"Well this is it." said Ryū. Though Konan didn't notice his sharingan spinning rapidly.

'Shikigami no Mai' thought Konan. Then her entire body was folding into paper and then turning into paper butterflies. Naruto just watched unsurprised, she would have to get the paper from somewhere.

'Meisaigakure no jutsu' thought Naruto his form then turned invisible and both Akatsuki members dived into the hole, one invisible and the other thousands of paper butterflies.

They were now in a dark corridor alit with burning candles.

"We should inform the each other if we find Orochimaru's ring or Orochimaru himself... we need to find a way to signal each other." whispered the invisible Naruto to paper butterflies. Then one of the butterflies became a paper airoplane, understanding Ryū nodded his head. Konan had a way of contacting him but not the other way around. He then unsealed a paintbrush and chakra ink. And started drawing a seal on the paper aeroplane.

"This seal will heat up when I channel my chakra into it letting you know that I have the ring." whispered Ryū. The aeroplane seemed to fly around him, apparently Konan couldn't speak in paper form.

Both went their separate ways in search of the ring. They searched numerous rooms finding them empty. I mean why would you have so many rooms if you weren't going to use them.

Naruto made sure to pull up his hood on his coat. Orochimaru had seen him before and they might recognise him even with the loss of his whisker marks. Even though Kabuto and Orochimaru couldn't see them Sasuke could wit his sharingan. And any other Dōjutsu user like Neji.

He opened a door and there was nothing but a barren room. He opened another except this time it wasn't empty.

By a desk in the room was someone he hated. Kabuto Yakushi. The pet of Orochiamaru was fiddling with some medical salves. Then Naruto remembered something, Pain never ordered him to not kill The snake's puppets. Naruto drew his Katana from it's sheath on his back, slowly and without a sound.

He walked up to Kabuto at normal pace, if he went slow it would increase his reaction time and his body may be too fast for his mind to handle. He was now right behind Kabuto, he held his katana in a reverse grip and held it with both hands ready to strike at the traitorous leaf nin's skull. He was about to administer the finishing blow before Kabuto turned around and started walking out the room. Naruto didn't have much time to get out of the way of Kabuto's path. But he lucky is blade was five millimetre's away from touching Kabuto.

Luckily his sharingan and Madara's trainging helped him out a lot and he was able to divert his body away from Kabuto's

He watched as Yakushi slinked away from the desk to who know's where. Ryū sheathed his katana and walked out of the room. He kept searching and searching but there was no sign of Orochimaru's ring but he knew the traitorous sannin was hear because if Kabuto was here then the serpent wasn't far behind. He opened another room and came a upon a ghastly sight.