𝗶𝘅. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲

IX

" is it okay if I stay this close to you? "

▬▬▬▬▬

WITH WEIGHTLESS, QUICK STEPS and sparkles of anticipation carrying his heart, Luffy ran over the soft ground of the forest, heading for the treeless spot near the cliff

The sun had already set and the first stars appeared on the dark canvas above him, the sight making him slow down a little to admire it.
While he was mesmerized by the stars, the soft grass and soil beneath his bare feet made him feel more connected with the earth and he enjoyed Rayleigh's advice to walk barefoot as often as possible more and more.

The old pirate had told him that connecting with nature would be a help to increase the connection with himself and his instincts, which in return would help him to control his Haki.

But the training of his powers was pushed to a further corner of his brain when he headed down the cliff towards the water, hissed a little when his toes hit sharp stones and eventually pulled himself towards the deck of the Polar Tang.

Upon landing on the wooden planks, he lost his balance a little and stumbled to the side, before he fell on his behind and let out a groan.

He still wasn't back in shape and every time he used his powers, it was a strain for his body, something that bothered him way more than he'd like to admit.

“Need some help?”

When he looked up, he saw Shachi standing above him and he grinned at the Heart pirate, who held out one hand for him, while the other one held a cigarette.

“Ah, thanks, it still is a little bit too much for my body to use my regular attacks.” Luffy responded and allowed him to pull him to his feet.

“How do you feel? Was your sleep better last night?”

Luffy's smile weakened a little when he heard Shachi's question and he nervously kneaded his fingers.

“I actually don't know how I feel. I'm sorry for what happened two nights ago and I'm really trying to stop these thoughts but... it's pretty hard.”

He wasn't sure which reaction he had expected, but relief washed through him when Shachi rose a hand and tousled his black hair.

“Take the time you need. And don't worry about it, if you sleep walk again or have a meltdown, we are there. And if you need a punching bag, we'll sacrifice ourselves for that as well.”

With a smile, Luffy looked up at him.

“Thanks. Seriously, y'all are so nice to me and I'm not even sure if I deserve it.”

Shachi grinned and took a deep breath from his cigarette.

“We are helping you because we like you, every single one of us. And even though it was surprising for all of us, Law seems to be the one who likes you most. I have never seen him so dedicated to help someone.”