𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

XIV

" do all surgeons stay around and help their patients to deal with trauma? "

▬▬▬▬▬

AGAIN, LUFFY STEPPED ONTO A LARGE BRANCH and made it crack beneath his feet, which made Law startle once more

Even though the strawhat had said they would 'sneak away' from Rayleigh and his authority, he didn't look like someone who was on a secret mission.
He was wearing a light hoodie and his shorts along with his sandals, while a large blanket was wrapped around his body.

“So that we have something to sit on.” he had answered Law's questioning look and then had started walking.

The air around them was warm, but in a comfortable way. And Law saw how Luffy took a deep breath before he looked up at the night sky, coating them in darkness and silence.

“Ah, it's so calm and quiet here at night.” he now said and smiled as he looked around the dark forest.

Law looked around as well as he stepped closer towards him.

“You still shouldn't let your guard down.”

He paid attention to the smallest sounds, preparing himself for an animal or one of the Kuja pirates jumping through the bushes at any moment.
But luckily, they made it towards 'their spot' unharmed and in silence.

As soon as they arrived, Law was struck by the meadow with the lake once more. At night, it looked like a completely different world, just as beautiful as during the day time, but in a different way.

The crescent moon illuminated the little field, its reflection glittering in the calm water of the lake. It stood right above them, illuminating the small area and Law felt like stepping into another dimension as he walked into the light.

“Hey Torao, what are you waiting for?”

When he heard Luffy's voice, he looked towards him and noticed that he had stopped and stared at the lake for way too long.

The strawhat's smile grew when Law cleared his throat and followed him towards the spot they usually sat in, right in the middle of the field, a few metres away from the lake.
While Luffy spread the blanket on the grass, Law watched him more closely, noticing that his movements were more careless now and didn't seem to cause him as much pain as a few day ago.

“Your can move better again.” he stated and while Luffy dropped onto the spread blanket, he looked up at him.

A smile appeared on his lips and he nodded.

“Yes, thanks to you, it's getting better and better.”

While talking, he grabbed the hem of his thin hoodie and pulled it up, revealing his bandaged upper body to Law.