Chapter 9: Elrond.

"Why are you so afraid??" Thorin whispered to me. "I'll explain to you later. If they don't take me as a prisoner that is.." I mumbled back to him. This caused his grip on me to tighten slightly. "Over my dead body." He growled. "That could be arranged." I mumbled teasingly. I heard Thorin chuckle softly. "Artrain." My head snapped up as I heard Gandalf say my name. My eyes widened when I figured out he was going to ask me to speak to Elrond. I shook my head frantically and shrank back into Thorin, who smiled sympathetically at me. "Artrain I've told you that no harm will come to you here. Now come on so Lord Elrond can look at your wound." Gandalf said. I whimpered and hesitantly stepped out of Thorin's arms and walked toward Gandalf. My eyes were glued to the ground. "Hello, Artrain is it?" Elrond asked me. I nodded slightly. "Well Artrain, I assure you that no matter what conflicts your kind may have with the elves of the woodland realm you are safe here." Elrond said kindly. I wanted to believe him but I couldn't bring myself to do so. "If it's alright with you I'd like to take you to get your wound checked out. You can even bring your little dwarf body guards." Elrond said to me. I looked up at him, and I hesitantly nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Artrain! How are you doing lass??" I heard Bofur ask as we all walked to the table where the dwarves were eating. "I'm doing better, thank you." I said quietly. Thorin, Kili, Fili and I went an sat down. But I noticed Kili and Fili both went and sad down on ether side of me. They were still protecting me. "Lads I'm alright. You don't have to worry about me." I whispered. Kili and Fili both flashed smiles at me. "Hey your one of us now, we look after our own." Kili said.

AN: So I've finally updated, and don't worry I'm working on the comforts of home! Thanks for reading :3

Yours truly,
Fangirl_central0711