V - A Heart of Ice

V - A Heart of Ice

Despite being absolutely angelic, Snow had to admit that Gerda was determined. When Snow watched her, she seemed fragile and sweet, which was repulsive. To be bonded with such a pure human... The Devil could curse her again if she did not want to kill the naive teenager.

Stupid curse. Snow could not even hurt her without hurting herself. And this was her last chance to corrupt Gerda. Snow groaned. She should have done it when the girl was young. Old enough to understand that it was hopeless, but still young enough not to come and save her precious Kai. There would not be much time left. The girl was on the verge of adulthood.

Still, Gerda had been the first of five hundred to venture into danger for her beloved. And if she made it to Snow's palace...

The Queen smiled cruelly as she slipped into the throne room. Perhaps watching Kai die would be enough to turn Gerda against Snow. To lose that goodness and let hate take over.

Snow let out a chuckle and Kai glanced at her from his spot on the floor. Her newest prey. She smiled at him and fingered the locket around her neck. The twin to the locket she had given Gerda after putting the girl in that basket.

Perhaps the memories would corrupt Gerda before Snow could, she mused.

"I remember something," Kai said, looking at her strangely. "I remember a warm... summer meadow. It's not real, is it?"

Snow sighed, walking over to Kai and knelt to press a kiss to his lips. He tasted like spring and cherries. Sickening.

Instantly, his eyes clouded over and his face went blank.

"Well, where are you?" Snow crooned, stroking his hair. She hated touching him and pretending to be nice. Oh, the things she would do for Hell.

"I'm home," he replied, his voice flat and uninterested. "May I continue with the ice puzzle?"

She nodded and sat down on her throne. According to the agreement bargain that he'd unwittingly agreed to, he could not leave until he remembered his past. And as long as Snow was here, she had no intention of letting him do that.

However, it was truly delicious to feed on the fears of all those captured children over the years. They tasted of danger, and that helped fuel her fire.

She twirled her locket in her hands. Gerda would be here soon. And then she would have her revenge.