Heartbeats

Taehyung's POV

I felt my head so heavy as I tried to lift myself up when the alarm from my phone went off. It felt like all the weight on my body was coming from my head. I also feel nauseous and my stomach feels really bad.

I massaged my head as soon as I sat up straight, still on the little mattress in my office. I realized that I was in the central restaurant. I slept there all night and tried to remember what happened last night.

I suddenly remembered my fingers moving to touch someone's head. The clearer and clearer the person's face appeared in my head. Yoon Sohye.

I touched her head and felt she was very beautiful that night. Her eyes shone at me. She didn't blink, and neither did I.

The next scene made me distrust myself.

"Will you marry me?"

Will you marry me?! That's what I said!

Sohye didn't look surprised but I felt her breath stop for a moment and finally her eyes smiled.

Her eyes smiled as she answered my question. It's a sacred question that I shouldn't ask drunk.

"Yes, I do."

I made her answer "yes" to the question. Doesn't she know that I'm drunk?

I'm pretty sure she smelled the alcohol from me. But with an answer like that what should I do? And why did I suddenly propose to her? What made me to say those words?

I never confirmed myself about my feelings for Sohye. I did flutter a few times when I was with her, but I didn't know that I wanted to marry her. Why does alcohol make me ask that question?

I frowned, wondering what I had done. Because the thing I remember was only until Sohye answered the question. The next scene, I don't remember at all.

My phone rang and I got a message notification from her, Sohye-ssi. My heart felt like exploding when I saw her name on the screen.

Yoon Sohye:

Sunbae, are you awake?

I bit my lower lip and finally replied curtly. It's a message I never imagined I'd get from Sohye-ssi. She suddenly got that kind of attention, totally strange to me.

You :

Yes

I waited a while for her to type. Looks like she keeps erasing her typing. Until finally she sent another message.

Yoon Sohye:

What are you doing today?

Are you going to work today?

You :

Yup

Again Sohye typed very long. She kept stopping and continuing to type. And I realized that my reply looked very indifferent by just answering that answer, especially after I proposed to her last night.

I finally decided to ask her again.

You :

How about you?

What are you doing today?

She read my message quickly, but it took her long enough to start typing.

Sohye :

I'm going to the office too, finishing my script.

I got out of bed. Walking back and forth while biting the thumb. The night our relationship became like this, I didn't know what to say.