The Place Where It Happened

It's been several months since Sohye last saw Jieun and the others. They are all busy especially Jieun who is filming for her new drama written by Sohye. Several times she had to go out of town for the required settings. Jieun is the bridge to meet Jimin, Namjoon, or Taehyung. She wasn't that close to asking the others to meet her without Jieun. Sohye has very few friends. She only gets along well with her high school friends and since some of them live in different cities now, Sohye rarely meets them. Sohye herself is also busy with writing. Although the salary was not much, but the job was quite time-consuming.

Not only that, Sohye also felt that she was on a completely different level. She was often silent in their conversation. They talk about investing, their expensive hobbies like skying and golf. Sohye really doesn't relate to them. Therefore several times in their spare time, Jieun contacted Sohye to meet, but she refused. She keeps in touch with Jieun, but is very reluctant to meet in person.

Today, Sohye has enough free time for herself. However, that time she spent looking for inspiration for her novel "The Missing Moment". She is even more excited to write the story because Jieun is now back in her life. Sohye thought to stay at her house, but the inspiration didn't come out. Therefore she thought of something that might make her imagination play more in her head.

She decided to go to her high school. The place where Jieun and that boy were in the past.

Sbe had not been there in a long time. Sohye finally got on the bus and left for her high school. While on the bus, feelings of excitement invaded her chest. She is shy, happy, and also longing. These mixed feelings made her heart beat fast. She reminisces looking at the road, the road she used to walk with her high school friends. Suddenly she missed the past Sohye who still deserves to wear a high school uniform.

Sohye kept smiling until the bus stopped at a bus stop near her school. Sohye came down feeling excited. Sohye looked at her watch, it was the breaking time. Sohye walked for a while until she arrived in front of her school building. When she arrived at the gate, Sohye was suddenly scared. She herself had a slightly absurd reason to go inside. She was afraid to meet her old teacher. She's very difficult to mince words.

Therefore Sohye only sat in front of the gate. She just stood up, then decided to buy tteokbokki while thinking about the reasons if a teacher asked why she was there. It is so cold that eating tteokbokki is the right choice.

****

Taehyung was driving his car. And at that time he was passing his high school road. He was about to go to his cafe and he was quite surprised when he passed someone he seemed to recognize. Yoon Sohye. The woman was sitting next to the Tteokbokki seller. She seemed to really enjoy her tteokbokki.

Taehyung wondered what the girl was doing there. He knows that Sohye's office is very far from there.

Taehyung drove the car just like that even though he slowed down a little. He thought for a moment. Somehow the incident last month when he was in the washroom with Sohye crossed his mind. Taehyung smirk. The incident was still funny to him.

Before he found an intersection, Taehyung decided to turn. He didn't know what he was going to do with Sohye, but his hands just turned the steering wheel.

Taehyung stopped the car in front of Sohye and came out to meet her.

"Taehyung Sunbae?" Sohye got up from her chair. Her eyes looked surprised to see Taehyung getting out of the car.

He stuck his hands into his trouser pockets because of the cold. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Ah, I ..." Sohye didn't think that she would be asked so quickly before she found the right answer, especially by Kim Taehyung.