I Promise

Spencer smiles at him as they enter his loft. He can tell she is more relaxed being here, she always had liked it here. Toby enjoyed living in the loft, it was his home, but really, his true home was wherever Spencer was. The small placement of every piece in his loft made it seem more like him; from the simple couch with a colored quilt, to the blue hanging lights from the rook that hung over his kitchen.

Spencer sets her black purse on his couch, and she lands gently on the couch, lying on her back. Toby stifles a laugh at her swift movement. He closes the door behind him, and walks patiently next to her, sitting next to her hip. She sighs deeply, and she pulls her arm over her face, her hand lying across the top of the couch. He reaches out, and he touches her stomach lightly. The small movement sends goose bumps up her arms, and she smiles gently from under her arm.

The sun has drizzled into the room, and it lit up her face. She was so beautiful. Her hair was waves of silk around her, some strands hanging off the side of the couch.

She closes her eyes softly, her long dark lashes fluttered out like butterfly wings. "Hey," Toby says gently to her. Spencer opens her eyes, and she moves her arm off her face, placing it onto his hand. He leaves his hand on her stomach, and her fingers trace over his finger bones. Her hand was warm. "Are you okay?" He asks, concern escaping out into his tone. Spencer tries to give him a reassuring smile, whispering, "Fine. Just tired I guess," She sits up, and Toby moves his hand from her stomach to her back. She leans over, and she presses her hand to her forehead. She seemed exhausted.

"Would some eggs and bacon help?" He asks, and she looks at him, removing her hand from her head, and nods. Toby leans over to her, pressing his lips against her forehead, indulging in her smooth skin. He pulls away, and she stares at him for a moment, almost like she was thinking about something, but then that thought disappears. "Is this about Andrew?" Toby asks quietly. He knows something is on her mind, but she just won't say it out loud.

She laughs slightly, but it's an unsettled laugh. "It's about everything. I mean, we have nothing." She looks at him when she says this, her eyes almost asking for him to fix everything, but he doesn't have the answers. "It's not over, Spencer. The police know A is threatening us, they will keep looking."

Spencer sighs, and she looks away from him, looking down at her hands. "Yeah, they are..." She doesn't seem to want to say anymore. Toby grabs her hands in each of his, and he looks into her worried wide brown eyes. Her palms are cold. "We will get through this, Spence. We always have, we always will."

She nods, her eyes showing slight hope, but Toby knew better than talking to her about that dirty word 'hope'. Once he's sure she is alright, he moves his thumbs over her knuckles in each hand, and lets them go gently.

Toby stands up, and he heads towards the kitchen, slightly still worried about her. She seemed distracted, but he didn't want to push her about it. That was the last thing she needed: another interrogation. Yet, at the same time, he wanted to know what was going on in her mind. He wanted to be able to help her through every struggle she had, but sometimes he just didn't know how. But that still didn't stop him from wanting to protect her, to kiss her insecurities away.

He didn't let these thoughts keep knocking on him forever, as he grabs the refrigerator door and opens it. He grabs the carton of eggs that are in a blue container out, and places them on the kitchen counter, along with bacon. It doesn't take him long to brew up breakfast, two plates with each three slices of bacon and scrambled eggs. He knew Spencer hated Ketchup, so he grabbed her some hot sauce instead.

"Spence?" He calls out grabbing silverware from a drawer. "Uh-huh?" Spencer calls back, her voice small. "Do you want me to brew some coffee?"

She is quiet for a moment, but then she replies with, "Water is fine, thanks."