Act 2 Scene 5

HUGO is in the Gryffindor common room with LILY, making friendship bracelets. 

Hugo: Lily?

Lily: Yes Hu hu? 

Hugo: Have you noticed how Rose is acting strange?

Lily: Yeah, she's barely sleeping, she's lost weight, and she's paranoid. Not the Rose that I know. 

Hugo: Yeah. Maybe school is wearing her down. 

Lily: That might be true, but Alice...

Hugo: .... What did Alice say?

Lily: That she went missing for a while about a month ago. She didn't talk or eat for a week. 

Hugo: Maybe Grandma will convince her to eat. 

Lily: Um.... convince? More like force. She always says that I'm too thin, Rose is so thin you can see her ribs through her skin.

Hugo: Rose doesn't eat much when she's stressed. Mum and Dad have always been able to calm her down, though. I'm sure they'll be able to this time. 

Lily: I hope. 

ROSE walks in, ready to go home. 

Rose: Ready to go to the Hogwarts Express, Hu?

Hugo: Yeah. Do you wanna eat breakfast?

ROSE looks reluctant, but nods. 

Rose, this is worrying me. 

Rose: What's worrying you?

Hugo: This! You haven't eaten in forever, you look like the walking dead because of your lack of sleep, and you're always scared! What's going on!? I wanna talk!

Rose: Hugo, it's just stress. That's all it is. 

ROSE feels uncomfortable lying to her brother, but she feels like it's her only chance. 

Hugo: Okay. But remember, I'm always right here. And, relax! It's almost Christmas!

Rose: Yeah... it's almost Christmas... I'm gonna get our stuff, okay?

Hugo: Okay! Love you Rose! 

Rose: (Guilty sounding) I.... love you too. 

ROSE walks out of the room and Hugo looks at Lily. 

Hugo: See, after Christmas, she'll be fine!

Lily: I'm not so sure. For some reason, those kids that were born in 2006/07, they're trouble magnets. She's probably hiding something. 

Hugo: What would she hide?

Lily: I dunno. But I'm getting nervous watching her. 

HUGO and LILY look at each other again, and the curtain closes in their silence.