Chapter 42

Edward, Seth and Bella joined us on the field, while Demetri brought the elder vampires in. Felix helped to keep them from running with Emmett. Jane walked up to them. "How many did you turn? Why this war?" She demanded to know before using her gift.

"We turned 48 but only 32 survived until the fight. The golden-eyed monsters killed Victoria's mate, stole Maria's Major and that blond bitch killed my mate." The dirty-blond haired one answered after the pain wore off enough to talk. the one I thought to be Maria stayed silent.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I was confused.

"The name Frank ring any bells? He was here with James' band of misfits." She snarled.

"First of all, yes I unfortunately know Frank, I'm his daughter. Second of all, I had no idea he was mated and last of all, it wasn't me that killed him but I did stab him as he went after me." She growled making Jane use her gift.

"Execute them." They executed the women but then turned to the leftover newborn girls. The ones that didn't fight. Jasper or rather Major, stepped closer to the older looking one.

"Jane. The elder looking one is Jasper's mate. Both didn't fight but surrendered." Esme explained.

"Then I am obliged to give them the choice." She smiled sweetly. "Both of you. Choose to live or die." She ordered.

"I want to live and meet my mate." The elder answered first. Major perked up at that in a subtle manner. He finally had his mate after such a long time and she wanted to meet him.

"Please let me die. I lost my mate already and don't know about my friends and it hurts so much." The younger begged.

"As you wish." Alec used his gift for a merciful painless death for the younger. It was saddening to witness. 

At the same time the interrogation happened, one newborn had apparently hidden or he had lagged behind. Leah went after him but he had his arms around her neck. Wanting to help her I got up and charged, ripping the newborn away but that was about all I could do. He turned around and pushed with his hand against my chin, trying to take my head off only to get ripped off by Jacob. They fought, he got his arms around Jacob's chest and squeezed but then the newborn was ripped apart by Quil and Embry.

I couldn't move. My head was hurting and I was too exhausted to lift a single finger. Carlisle and Edward looked after Jacob with Bella before the pack carried him off.

"Mia Stella? Are you hurting somewhere?" Felix had joined my side after Demetri took over holding the vampire woman down that was being interrogated.

"M-my head hurts and I want to sleep so bad and I'm hungry." I really felt like crying. That's how horrible I felt right now. He checked me over for wounds. Once satisfied that whatever wound I had, was healing, he picked me up and held me.

"Jane, can we wrap this up?" Jane nodded looking concerned, and made sure the Cullens knew Aro wouldn't be pleased, to know Bella hadn't been turned yet, before they left taking me with them.

"Felix, I wouldn't take Leona if I were you. Her mate won't like to hear about it." Carlisle warned.

"He already knows. Why do you think I am holding her?" He scoffed before running off after the others. Once at the house they used as a base for American missions, I was lain down on the couch with a cloak wrapped around me as a blanket. A kiss on my temple and I was out. Asleep. By the time I woke up, there was a blood-bag waiting for me and a letter.

Mia Stella,

My apologies for not being there when you wake. I was needed back in Italy therefore had no time for a proper goodbye. I am proud of how you held your own in the battle. I heard you were missing me during our separation so I wanted to let you keep my cloak. Hopefully it may offer you comfort until we will meet again.