Chapter 45

The day after the wedding I had asked Felix if he wanted to come see the place I grew up in with me. As in show him the boring place of forks.

What I noticed was that I was able to change Felix' skin to keep him from sparkling like a disco-ball without using any energy. "This place is kind of boring, How did you manage to stay here so long?" He asked as we walked.

"As a child Forks is not as bad. The woods always made for interesting games to play and I hung out a lot with Jacob Black and his sisters, one of the wolves though he wasn't one then." I answered, agreeing Forks itself is boring for young adults and teens.

"What can I expect tomorrow?" He as

"Hm, oh we have to make sure to be fully fed before we go and we can't hunt any closer than Seattle. Uhm during the day we just hang out at the beach with a BBQ, the boys usually show off playing sports while most girls sit on a blanket and watch or do girl stuff."

"Girls?"

"The imprints. Imprints are the wolf-shifters' equivalent of soulmates though it is different. When wolves imprint, they will be whatever their mate needs, a brother, friend, protector and/or lover. So far only one hasn't turned out as a lover. Claire, the three-year-old niece of Emily. Claire got imprinted on by Quil." He had taken to that quite well actually.

"What about the female wolf? Can she imprint?"

"No one knows. She is the first female shifter in this tribe since the beginning. I do hope she can though or that Leah finds her happiness at least. Se deserves it.

"Fascinating." It was. 

"Felix, I think you should keep your distance a little from the imprints. Let them approach you if they choose to do so but don't force it. You might accidentally trigger the wolves to defend the girls." I tried to explain.

"Alright. What else?" He asked.

"After dinner the elders of the council arrive for storytime. They tell the legends of the tribe for the latest members so they can understand the responsibility of being a shifter. Just keep your distance unless they tell you it's fine and be respectful. But I know you will do just great." I smiled at him. We went for a hunt together, even going as far as feeding together from the same human, though I didn't finish the man off, and then we had a different kind of intimacy. We snuck in through my window once we got back home and got changed after another round in the shower.

When we joined the family, they didn't dare look at us. Though Emmett just had to tease. "Did you knock trees over?" He joked.

"Emmett!" Rosalie smacked her mate on the back of the head.

"We saved the wood cutters some work yes." Felix quipped. He had hit it off with Emmett during the fight and the wedding. They were similar in being the big and strong fighters with hearts of gold for their loved ones. Though Felix was usually the more serious one. Emmett's teasing nature was rubbing off a little.

"Felix!" I hid my face in my hands.

"Mia stella, there is no need for shame. If anything, you should be proud. Knocking down those trees was a sign of our passionate-." I covered his mouth with a glare. Not an angry one, just warning him.

"I dare you to finish that sentence." I warned him.

"What, about your passionate lovemaking?" Emmett finished instead. "I think the sounds from upstairs were enough." I hid myself from embarrassment in Felix' shoulder. He growled as he wrapped an arm around me.

"Emmett, run. Felix is feeling protective over Leona now. You took it too far." Jasper warned his brother, Emmett did as advised with Felix chasing after him.