Chapter 5

"pressure"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"You got a tattoo!" I exclaimed a little too loud as Luke gave me a nudge and a face before covering the spot up."Sorry, but when you did you get a tattoo, and how the hell are you going to hide that from your mom, "

"I got it with Brooke when we hung out, " I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head. "And for when my mom comes back, well I'll deal with that when the time comes." He put his stuff in his locker then talked to Jake who was next to him.

I put my clothes in my locker and closed it before turning to my right and catching Nathan taking something. He caught my glance but quickly broke eye contact. Please tell me he's just taking some medication. We entered the gym and the crowd was loud. I saw my dad barely entering the gym and taking a seat next to Mr.Scott.

Coach gathered the team up and gave a quick speech. Honestly, he has some good speeches. After that, the team put their hands in the middle of the circle before yelling 'RAVENS'. Also, I don't look bad in these Tree Hill colors. Not that I was checking myself out. You know what let's focus on what matters right now, the game. We got into our starting position on the court as the other team did the same. Then the referee threw the ball in the air.

I passed the ball to Nathan resulting in him dunking it. As the cheerleaders got up and cheered. Seeing a brunette catch my eye and flashing her a smile as she did the same.

So far I only have twenty-seven points tonight and you get the ball to Nathan it's like a free assist every time. It was Cove City's ball and they passed towards the guy I was guarding, I stole it and ran to our side. I went to the start of the three-point line and shot the ball with the guy diving to block but he was too late, hearing the wonderful swish sound as the crowd cheered.

The game went on as I got a few shots in but the person who was raising their points was Nathan who was going back and forth. He stole the ball mid-air from the opponent and drove toward the hoop making the basket but bumping into a Cove player. Causing the referee to blow the whistle and signal a foul on Nathan "What!?" he yelled sounding upset.

As the referee shouted, "No basket!" Leaving Nathan trailing behind trying to argue the foul. Making the guy count and turn back to the lead scorer of the game. "Easy, son." resulting in Nathan saying a remark before I pulled him back towards the team. We sat down on the bench catching our breath, the coach speaking to Nathan and him looking a little bit off.

We heard the buzzer and stood up gathering around me and Luke on opposite sides of Nathan. "Just give me the ball." he said talking to me and his brother. Tim getting the team ready before we head back on the court.

Lucas speaking to his brother before Nathan reached me. "Don't sweat it, man you already got this in the bag," I said trying to cheer him up a bit which worked because he grinned a little before getting serious again. The game is back on as we pick up a rebound then a teammate passed the ball to Luke as he waits for Nate to get open. Nathan finally gets the ball after getting free. I look at him seeing a dazed expression on his face leaning his body against the Cavalier player. He drops the ball then collapsed on the floor hearing the crowd gasps. I ran to my teammate as Lucas followed. The game stopped as some teammates gather around.

═════ ◈ ═════

Nathan got taken to the hospital and the game ended after that. We won but obviously, it wasn't exactly a win you wanted to celebrate.

The whole car ride home was a headache by itself. My dad was going on and on about how Nathan was probably using supplements. He also told me not to be a dumbass and pull that crap along with telling me that I need to do better on my game. Which lead to him talking about his 'glory days'. The truth is there weren't any glory days for him at least not for basketball. He brags about how good he was at the game when in reality that was bull. I used to ask him to play his old games tapes but he would always make up an excuse and I thought it was suspicious but I never got into it. But that was until my mom told me the truth about him actually sucking at the sport.

All the times he told me he could have done better was all lies. In reality, he couldn't even score half of the points I do. Never have I ever admitted that to him because even though he was a pain in an ass, my mom told me to keep it a secret so I continue that. Even if they are divorced now. So every time I hear him say something revolving around a topic like that I just let it keep going. It annoyed me for a bit but now it was just funny how he had to make up scenarios.

I try to raise the volume on the radio but my hand was quickly smacked away by my father. I laid my head back on the headrest and looked out of the window as my dad kept rambling on. I need a car.