10.Calvary Battle

Izuku and Shinso busted out laughing as they pointed at their friend and his expression, knowing he liked to take things easy and avoid being in the spotlight for too long. "Gee, thanks guys, really appreciate the sympathy."

"The time limit will be 15 minutes," Midnight continued announcing. "The point value of each group's headband is worth the total point accumulation of the whole team. And the headband will be worn by the rider, and until time is up, you'll all be fighting and stealing as many of each other's headbands as possible. The headbands cannot be worn below the neck, and as you take more, the situation will get harder to control. And even if you should lose your headband, or if your horse was to crumble, you'll not be out of the game."

"AND THE GOOD NEWS JUST KEEPS COMING," Tai shouted, making his friends start laughing again just as they were finally recovering.

"Shut it, I'm not done yet!"

"Great, now, even if I trip them up or take away their headbands with my portals, they'd still be in."

"Quirks are, of course, allowed, so I wanna see some fine brutality out there. Now then, you'll have 15 minutes to form your teams. Good luck!"

Izuku and Shinso both placed a hand on Tai's shoulder. "Well, I hope you're ready for first place again, rider."

"Did you guys practice the whole unison talk? Also, why am I the rider!?"

"You need your hands free for your quirk whileI don't have one, and Hitoshi's is more verbal. Now the only question left is who'll be our fourth member.

They started looking around, noticing how most people were completely avoiding their group, when someone popped up in the middle of them. "Hello there mister first place!!!"

"Agh, too close! Who're you!? When did you get here!?"

"I'm Mei Hatsume, from the support department, and I want you!"

"Eh! Wha, what the heck are you talking about!?"

"All the attention is going to be on your team, so I'm going to use you to advertise all my babies to a large support company. And with how many I have, I'm sure we'll also be able to find one that suits all of you! For instance, this jetpack is modeled after one used by a hero, with a few additions of course."

"Glad to have you on the team," Izuku said as he stepped in front of his friend who was still struggling to comprehend what was going on. "That's Tai Rifuto, I'm Izuku Midoriya, the one behind you is Hitoshi Shinso. Now then, what exactly do you have in your arsenal?"

A few minutes later, and it was time for things to start as everyone took their positions. "Alright, everyone, hope you're ready! 3... 2... 1... Gooooooooo!!!"

Izuku smirked from where he was at the front as nearly all of the other teams came charging right at them. "Tai."

Tai waved a hand and one of the team ran into a portal and were completely turned around into the other direction. And he kept doing this, greatly thinning out the numbers of opponents that were an immediate threat, delaying the other teams from getting to them, and forcing some to turn their sight to new targets.

One of the first teams to actually reach them looked to be a large student all by themselves. "That's Shoji, he can duplicate body parts or extra arms from his arms," Tai informed Izuku, before quickly putting up a portal as something shot out from his arms. "And it looks like he has Tsu on his team, she has a frog quirk!"

"Alright, Hitoshi, do you got him?"

"Yep, do your thing!"

"Of course!" Izuku get go of Tai as he shifted himself around to sit on Shinso's shoulders while Izuku ran forward at Shoji and activating the jetpack given to him by Hatsume. He reached out, bracing himself right before they collided, Izuku getting pushed back by Shoji's strength and momentum, but slowly, they came to a stop, the jetpack helping Izuku match Shoji's strength as grinned, knowing he won this confrontation even if he couldn't completely stop them.

Quickly, Tsu's tongue shot out at Izuku, but he barely dodged to the side before grabbing it and pulling, pulling Tsu out partially from where she had been hiding, which was enough for tai to reach through a portal and steal her headband.

"Ejecting!"

Izuku turned around to see Tai fall down, go through a portal and end up high in the air as another team got close and began making a move to take their headbands. But even then, Izuku didn't relax as he knew there still had to be some way for him to get attacked up there. And he was proven right as Bakugo began launching himself through the air with his quirk. "Don't get carried away, you lazy bastard! There's no way in hell I'm going to lose to someone with that worthless Deku on their team!"

"Except he isn't worthless," Tai shouted back as he disappeared into a portal, reappearing down below where Iuku caught him before the whole team went back to their original set up. "Also, insult me all you want, but I won't let you insult my friends." His hair began to raise as his hands also began to shimmer. "Man, I guess I should take things a bit more seriously."

"Now then," Mic started. "Let's take a look at everyone's points! It's been seven minutes, and here are the current po-" Mic was cut off as there was a sudden increase in shouting, accompanied by a rumbling noise. "What is going on down there!"

Tai had reached out and began moving his fingers around as, in a ring around them, the ground began getting cut up and destroyed, before being warped around, making an area that'd be much harder to pass, even piling it up the make a small gap in the ground followed by a hill of rubble. "Now then, for those four." He looked over at Todoroki's team as they charged forward them, Todoroki swinging his arm and creating a ice ramp to get over the rubble, but Tai opened a portal, half the ice going through it as it formed, and popping out above the rubble, face back towards Todoroki. "Thanks for your donation to my team's defenses," Tai muttered as he closed his hand, closing the portal and causing the ice to come crashing down as the portal sliced through it.

"Hey Tai, my turn," Shinso spoke up, which confused Izuku slightly, though Tai nodded before using a portal to have Shinso's head appear behind Todoroki's team. "Howdy hey, how's your day!?" Shinso smirked as everyone on that team came under control, especially Todoroki who he had give him their team's headband and create a barrier of ice around the rubble to add to his team's defense before coming out of the portal. "Here you go, Tai."

"Hey, I thought we were going to try to keep your quirk secret," Izuku said.

"No that's what you decided, but even if I want to make it into the hero course, I don't want victories just handed to me. If I make it, I want it to be because of my own efforts. Besides, out of the two of us, we both know you should be the one getting into the hero course."

"But..."

"No, look, stop holding yourself back. You made a single mistake, it's not the end of the world, so stop letting that one decision dictate your life. Look, it's normal to make mistakes, but, stop it already, move forward, do what you can to make up for it. And why not do so as a hero, actively hunting down evil."

"Uh, guys, I don't know what you guys are talking about, but maybe you should save this for later. Like, maybe behind closed doors. Sounds pretty personal."

Izuku didn't reply as Shinso just stared at him. "Do you think they heard you," Mei whispered.

"Naw, I think they're just having a staring contest. Boys will be boys."

"You're a guy too."

"And I admit that I'm dumb."

The rest of the time was spent in silence and peace, as they were left alone due to the sheer defense Tai's quirk offered from that position.

"Alright, in first place is Team Rifuto! In second is Team Bakugo! Third goes to team Tetsu Tetsu! And Finally, is team Kendo! These will be the four teams advancing to the final rounds!"