𝐮𝐧𝐨 ⚡︎ 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐝𝐮𝗺𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝𝗼𝐫𝐞

| IT WASN'T THE STORM that had kingsley sloan cursing through the emerald halls of her manor.

she hated thunderstorms, but the letter she gripped in her hand, now singed on the edges after she tried burning it in pure frustration, was the source of her obscenities.

entering the kitchen, she found her mother, cordelia, leading a train of dry dishes to their proper places in the cabinets. "mother you won't believe what dumbledore has done this year! he made me a prefect with that bleached snake!" kingsley fumed, giving the letter to her mom as if she wouldn't believe her words.

"you're a prefect? how lovely, i'm so proud of you kingly!" cordelia gushed taking the letter. she knew how hard her daughter has worked for the title in the past four years at hogwarts.

"you're missing the point! it's with malfoy! the git himself!" kingsley rattled on, only growing angrier. "i won't even be able to enjoy the year because he'll be there the whole time!"

cordelia only watched her daughter with a knowing smile, still reveling in the accomplishment. she had always known kingsley would earn her success. "oh honey, will it really be that bad if draco" "nope! we do not say that name in our house! and yes mom it will be that bad."

sighing, her mother began tidying up the kitchen, "you know, i remember when you two were thicker than thieves. you spent every day together."

"well that's before he became an arrogant, gelled hair jerk," kingsley grumbled as well as she could with her face laid against the obsidian countertop, curly hair spread everywhere.

moving strands of her daughter's hair out of the path of her rag, she kissed kingsley on the cheek before lifting her from the chair. "why don't you let me finish cleaning up and starting packing your bags? it'll take your mind off things and you won't be so stressed by the time september comes."

"oh alright mother, but can i call luna over? she just got back from france with her father." hearing an "of course!" a smile tugged at her lips for the first time today.

luna lovegood was a unique girl. no doubt brilliant as hell, the sorting hat was just touching her blonde hair when it immediately sorted her into ravenclaw in their first year at hogwarts. just unique.

when she wasn't spending time with kingsley, she was most likely off making necklaces out of butterbeer caps or finding new things for the quibbler, the newspaper that her father ran.

nonetheless, she was the best friend kingsley could ask for. after giving her a lecture about the wackspurts that luna claimed were in her ears on the hogwarts express their first year, they became fast friends.

⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎

"congrats!" luna jumped on her friend once she cleared the fireplace, catching kingsley off guard.

not even five minutes ago, kingsley had sent a letter to luna, asking about her trip and telling her about earning prefect.

"you're kinda crushing me here luna." she squeaked out, her breathing a bit constricted with how hard the blond girl was squeezing her.

"oh sorry! i'm just so excited! of course, i'd never want to be a prefect, too much time taken up for duties and all that but it's perfect for you!" luna rattled, climbing onto kingsley's expansive four poster bed.

"i just can't believe i have to share something i've worked for, the last four years with someone i would love to send to deepest pits of hell." she sighed, pulling out her trunks from the closet. lying them on her bed, she saw luna with a knowing smile as she pulled out clothes for the upcoming term.

kingsley already felt her muscles loosen as she and luna began packing. she liked having order and precision more than anything, and this made cleaning one of her favorite things to relax.

"if he ever gets on your nerves just send an infestation of wackspurts into his room."

kingsley laughed before replying, "at that rate his head will be stuffed by the second morning."

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎'𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 could've been heard no matter where you were in the malfoy manor.

"draco, you seem to be having quite a reaction from simple words on a letter." blaise cooly mentioned, amused by the fit his friend was throwing. he had been sipping his drink for the last few minutes, watching draco pace his emerald and black accented room.

draco would deny any mention that blaise sabini was his best friend, but as the only person he somewhat confides in, blaise makes sure to tell everyone his role the first chance he gets. much to draco's irritation.

as it turns out a year without anyone to talk to can get quite lonely whether or not draco would like to admit it. but who would've guessed two breakings of each other's noses in a drawl can lead to a hearted friendship.

"don't look at me like that! what the fuck does dumbledore think he's doing, making me a prefect with her?" draco sneered as he spit out the last word, revolted at even the thought of sharing prefect duties with his current rival, let alone dorms. he'd have to see her every day! they wouldn't last five hours without going for each other's throats.

"i don't know, maybe making you two have the opportunity to finally stop this childish rivalry?" blaise dryly laughed. but at the death glare he received, muttered under his breath, "just a thought."

"look. september isn't for another two weeks. so put it out of your mind until then, pay attention to your very best friend, and we'll talk about on the train ride with pansy and theo. then you add even more theatrics to this little show just for them."

that comment received another glare from draco, and with one last angry sigh he tossed it onto his nightstand. there was no way he was going to not think about it until school started back up again, but didn't want to risk annoying blaise to the point of an argument.

running his fingers through his hair, he asked, "what shall we do instead then?"

seeing blaise stand up with a devilish grin, "i happen to know of multiple people who have needed pranks pulled on them for a long time coming."

chuckling at how childish his friend still was, draco followed him to his private fireplace. "let's go then."

━ ⚡︎ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑
hi hi hi :)
i hope you enjoyed the chap
not sure how i feel abt the ending
but oh well-

i wanted to mainly focus on kingsley
and a short pov for draco bc she's kinda of
relearning him as a person throughout the book
idk if that made sense lol

anyway love and appreciate you all!
have great day/night <3 🦦