Charlie's Pet

At 5pm the sun was setting over the shining skyline as a group of people walked down the busy New York street. I was walking along the city streets with my friends Chelsea, Brittany and her boyfriend, Mike, Steph and Jess after catching a great new movie. Damn, Lin Manuel Miranda always knew how to put on a great show. As usual I was annoying Brittany who walked arm in arm with her boyfriend as Chelsea and Steph argued about stupid things regarding the pros and cons of torturing animated characters. Jess and Melissa were discussing how large their sodas from the theater were. After the sun had fully set the group walked past a brilliant street violinist playing Schubert's Erlkönig.

Me: "I'm only saying that one religion shouldn't determine how every single human lives their lives. We each believe different things."

Brittany annoyed with me groaned in frustration,

Brittany: "I don't care. Jesus is my lord and savior and anyone who doesn't believe that can't be saved. Now let's please stop talking about this."

Brittany turned to her boyfriend as I continued to aggravate her about the merits of religion.

Jess: "Lex, leave her alone. She's entitled to her own opinion and so are you."

The full moon was out tonight. The soundtrack of the movie was caught in my head. I loved In The Heights so much that I decided to start singing to myself as we walked down the road.

Me: 🎼 "and here comes all his customers my way! I told you I run this town!
Piragua! Piragua!
One Twenty Five Piragua!
Piragua! Piragua!
TWO Twenty Five Piragua!
New block of ice, hike up the price!
Lai lo le lo lai, lai lo le lo lai!
Blackouts are nice, blackouts are nice!
Lo le lo lai!
Keep scraping by!
Piragua!"🎵

Brittany: "Lex for once shut the FUCK UP!"

Chelsea: "Yeah that's really getting annoying Lex."

I continued to hum as we made our way to the end of the road.

Meanwhile…

In the deepest pits of the underworld, someone was chanting. Or something. For this was the princess of the seven rings of Hell, Charlie Magne and she is planning to go to Earth. Now one might wonder why would she do this? Simple answer? She wanted a pet.

Charlie: "Suscipe me in terram, Suscipe me in terram, Suscipe me in terram, Suscipe me in terram."

She chanted in a demonic tone. She was wearing a blood red clock. Her eyes turn bright ghostly white as symbols on the floor glowed a sickly bright green. Suddenly a portal to Earth was born out of red hot flame.

Charlie: "It worked!"

She squeaked in a more girly tone. She took off the cloak to reveal her true form. She has unique curly long blonde hair. Her lips are black, and she has red cheeks. Her eyes are black, and her sclera is the coloration of light yellow. Her eyelids have a contrasting pink shadow to add more depth. Charlie is wearing a wears a black bow tie, a white shirt underneath her frilly red colored tuxedo jacket, paired with aubergine colored trousers.

Charlie: “It worked, it worked, it worked!"

She happily clapped before jumping through the portal.

Back on Earth…

Brittany: "Lex! Shut the FUCK UP!!!"

I looked over at Brittany who was fuming as her ex-boyfriend struggled to hold her back. I felt compelled to finish the song but I didn't want to anger her any further.