1

—— 1 ——

In the Neverland Valley Ranch, Isis gazed at the exquisite furniture, antiques, plants, and so many other unrecognizable beautiful decorations. Their eyes landed on the man of the hour, Michael Jackson.

"Good evening. I'm Isis Hathor, the ghost writer for your new autobiography. My portfolio mentions this, but sometimes people miss it: I'm non-binary and my pronouns are they, their, and them."

Michael gave them a warm smile. He stuck out his hand to greet them. "It's nice to meet you, Isis. I'm Michael as you already know. I did notice the note that you're a non binary and what your pronouns are."

"I appreciate your cordiality and hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I prefer to not shake your hand. I have haphephobia. It causes me a lot of distress if I'm touched."

Michael pulled his hand back, feeling slightly awkward. "Alright then. Follow me and I'll give you a tour."

Isis wasn't like others he's met before. He was used to outgoing and loving people that engage in conversation with and hung on every word he said. But Isis appeared unbiased, which is why they were the right person to ghostwrite his autobiography. As they followed Michael, they took in the luxuries he had. They walked by a large chess table with huge chess playing pieces. They gave him a curious face.

"Is this necessary?"

Michael looked at her, bemused. What did it matter? "It's for enjoyment. Is that a problem?"

"Not at all. Just trying to learn how the necessities of a international pop star as yourself compare to individuals that are not. No judgement here."

"Getting a head start?"

Isis smiled. "I am always three steps ahead."

"What's the rush?" Michael chuckled at their statement. He could see their charm now. He admired the glint she had in her eyes. "You and I will be spending a lot of time together for the next six months."

Isis wasn't too sure how those six months would go. They could tell he was anything but ordinary. By the end of writing the autobiography, perhaps they'll have more things to add onto the list.