𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔.

Y/N's POV

"I'm... not single actually."

I gave an awkward smile to a shocked Ren. Her mouth was a little open, her eyes wide in surprise. Before she could say something, the boys started causing a commotion.

"WHATTTT??!!!!!!!!!!!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT SINGLE?!!"

"WHERE'S YOUR BOYFRIEND THEN? YOU NEVER ASKED TO VISIT HIS HOUSE TO SEE IF HE WAS STILL ALIVE OR ANYTHING!!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!!"

"Isagi's her boyfriend," Bachira blurted. The boys and Ren turned their heads toward the bowl cut. Then they went at it again.

"ISAGI, HOW COULD YOU KEEP THIS A SECRET FROM US?!!"

"DUDE, WE'RE BEST FRIENDS! HOW COULD YOU NOT SAY ANYTHING?!"

"WHY'D YOU HIDE IT?!"

"Y/N'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!!"

"I, uh -" Isagi tried to answer their questions but kept getting cut off with more questions. Shidou was shaking his shoulders like crazy, too. Rin, Ren, and Otoya stayed on the side, quietly watching the scene. "Ah -"

"Damn y/n, your boyfriend's pretty popular all of a sudden." Ren unwrapped a lollipop and popped it into her mouth. She then smiled. "I had a crush on you for a few minutes there, if I had to be honest. You're pretty and your personality's quite attractive if you ask me. But if you're already taken, then I'll let you be happy with your partner."

I'm only 16 and she's 20... But I appreciate how she didn't word it weirdly or awkwardly. Ren's cool. Any girl would be lucky to have her as a significant other.

It took a while for the boys to finally shut up and calm down, but after many scoldings, we finally got ready to leave the place. Ren would take her "sweet ride" and follow us to our destination, while the rest of us would drive in the car.

The ride back home became awfully quiet after the boys finished teasing Isagi about me. That lasted like 15 minutes. During this time, everyone didn't say a word. I rolled down a backseat window, seeing Ren with the lollipop still in her mouth, her helmet on. I wondered how she could remain so calm during a time like this. It's like she had already gone through a zombie apocalypse and this was her second life.

In the midst of this silence, I decided to look back on what happened earlier. I had a near-death experience again. What happened to me? Before the world went to hell, I was depressed and suicidal out of my mind. I dreamed of death. But now, I see how scary it is. This virus outbreak caused a zombie apocalypse, but other creatures were birthed from it as well. Who would've thought that would happen? This world is so scary.

Not knowing what else to do in the quiet car, my mind flashbacked to the conversation Ren had with us earlier before we left.

"Recap time! This zombie apocalypse was caused by an error in the LMV-19 vaccine. You all know that much at least, right?"

We nodded and hummed in response.

"LMV-19 is a virus that caused a global pandemic. Death rates were soaring more than ever, pushing scientists and doctors to create a vaccine for the infected immediately. Surprisingly, Japan was the #1 country in medicine at the time. Everyone who knew this expected Japan to create an effective vaccine first. But, China was surprisingly in the lead. Canada fell shortly behind them, and then Japan placed third.

"Japan rushed. That is their one mistake. Biochemists in Japan put pressure on themselves to create an effective vaccine before anyone else. It was a selfish thing to do, all because they didn't want the title of 'Lead Country in Medicine' to be taken away from them. We don't know how big or small the error that caused this outbreak was, but nevertheless, our world went to hell. Do I blame those people? I kinda do. But, this information is just what I've seen and obtained through the days I've lived after this hell started."