𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

-------- ≪ ꜱʜᴜꜰꜰʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴅꜱ ≫ --------

~ 🎲 ~

The ticking of the clock seemed to grow volumes through the ominously quiet room, filling Taehyung's ears with the too-loud sound, as though each tick was a small bomb set off in his mind. 

He stared at the man sitting across from him at the large poker table for just the briefest moment. His real focus darted to the panting, gagged woman tied on a chair, her eyes reddish from all the silent crying. 

"Alright." The man's voice echoed around the room, drowning out the sound of the annoying clock. Taehyung looked back and watched him pull out a black revolver. With the barrel open, a bullet was inserted in one of the chambers before he closed, spun it, and set it on the table separating them. "Call it."

"Heads," Taehyung answered calmly. 

The silver coin flipped into the air and came back down, landing on the table; the others standing started to lean in, waiting for the quarter to stop spinning. When it finally did, the man smiled and sat back, taking a big drag from his cigarette.

"You go first, comrade."

Emotionless, Taehyung raised his hand to reach out for the gun, immediately hearing a soft grunt from her as he lifted. The ceiling looked like it was going to collapse, darkness covered the walls and objects in front of him. 

There was a sudden bravado in the way he pressed the muzzle against his temple and pulled the trigger. Another feminine grunt—louder.

Click.

Empty chamber.

Taehyung could feel the pounding of his heart as he slowly removed the weapon from his head, dark eyes never leaving the gentleman in front of him. The gun was tossed back on the table and the smiling figure picked it up, pointing easily to his temple. Click. Nothing. He slid to the first player. 

Taehyung never made an attempt to grab it and simply sat there, staring back at the woman, who sweated and breathed rashly. Her face showed the terror, a demeanor that he wasn't exposing. He took a moment to memorize her; every delicate line, how beautiful her eyes were. She must have sensed that he was trying to tell her something, perhaps a goodbye, and the thought caused her body to twist violently on the chair. 

There wasn't any choice left. 

Picking up the revolver, Taehyung placed it to his temple. 

The minutes tick on seconds felt like forever.

Click.

♥️ ♠️ ♦️

━━━━━━━━━ Ⓡ Ⓡ ━━━━━━━━━

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
🎧 𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲'𝑺 𝑷𝑳𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑻 🎧
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Pop Ver.
♪ Daughter - Love (BAILE Remix)
♪ Kim Taehyung - Singularity
♪ Madhouse - Nervous
♪ Azee - Coco

Jazz Ver.
♪  Ella Fitzgerald - Cry me a river
♪ Nina Simone - Feeling Good
♪ Louis Armstrong - Go Down Moses
♪  Peggy Lee - Fever

⚠️ 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 & 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑 ⚠️
This book contains; STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, ACTION, SMUT, ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION, GAMBLING, and DEATHS.

The personalities and actions of each of the characters are purely fictional and shouldn't take seriously in any way — let's just borrow them to play. I should clarify that this work will be explicit and if the sexual or other situations trigger you, please click out because this will be heavy with it.

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐍 🛑
Lee Jieun is the name of the main character in all of my books and it is and always will be the one I use— Being idols or not, I solely use them VISUALLY for their LOOKS and no other purpose in the least. If you're not comfortable with the choice, feel free to imagine someone else in her place: yourself, an idol that you like better, or a random girl.

*𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲
& 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱.*

𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐄 💭
KTH | LJE
 25  |  23

╔═══════════════════════╗
- STARTED: November 3, 2021
- ENDED:
╚═══════════════════════╝

~ ▣ ~

I'd be lying if I said that the MV 'Coin' didn't influence me on this plot 😂 the idea had been bothering me ever since. I've also received a few requests for a BTS mafia ff. Let's see how I'd manage lol. 

If you enjoy listening to music while reading like I do, I recommend Jazz for this book to really get in the mood 😉 

Have a fun read ~ 💜

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
ᵉᵐᵐᵃ