♤ 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫

-------- ≪ ① ≫ --------

-------- --------

"I see your two-hundred and raise you... three," said the gentleman at the far end of the table. 

Lee Jieun drummed her painted red nails, fighting to tame the small smirk working its way up to her features, straining to stay honest to her intentions of retaining a stoic demeanor.

Ever since her now-husband decided to move to Las Vegas—or rather, taken up temporary residence there— she had discovered the joys that the vast array of casinos had to offer. 

Surprisingly, Busan was no different.

At first, the socialite had been rather skeptical and joined her partner's friends out of mere curiosity and boredom. Because there was nothing remotely exciting about her first days of marriage, she wanted to give it a try, plus to check for herself why some people got addicted to something as simple and superfluous as a game.

And so the answers she was seeking successfully eluded her even after a number of times, thus she had no choice except to keep coming back for more. It wasn't so hard to find different new casinos once they returned to their country so her hobby could continue.

Her fur coat was the first thing discharged upon arriving, displaying a lavish night black dress and she knew, just as every day and everywhere, most gazed at her figure, busy mentally undressing her. It was always an advantage. 

"You sound unsure of your choices today, Jungkook-ssi," Jieun commented, glancing down at her cards. "Maybe you should go a little easier."

"Maybe you should be at home cooking," he chuckled, a sound that would shiver down any human's spine. "Last time I checked it was the wife's place, not inside a casino."

"Perhaps in your house," she retorted calmly. "My husband would never allow me to get my hands dirty in the kitchen."

He chuckled again, lower. "So that's how you like to spend his money on."

"Among other things," she stated, shifting on her seat. "Right now, I just wanna spend the money your buddies are going to lose tonight—how much are you raising again?"

The table erupted in laughter that burned Jeon Jungkook's cheekbones as he clenched his jaw. Jieun simply smiled at him, head tilted and eyebrow raised, waiting for the move.

"She fancies you," the one next to him muttered. 

Her opponent scoffed, tossing down a pair of queens and three nines. She took her time in doing the same, loving to put on a little bit of suspense at the end of every game; the anticipation in their faces was always so priceless.

"What do you got?" Jungkook asked, reclining back.

Jieun smirked, revealing her hand of three aces and the remaining two queens. "The satisfaction of leaving this place with your money."