Truths. (INTO ALLARAE SPOILERS, READ WITH CAUTION.)

It's a lonely evening, 9:00 pm, Freyan hears the door creak open, "Alana? You're home early.." no answer, but as Alana turns the corner into freyans plane of sight, he notices her, a little scuffed up. At first glance Alana seemed to have bruises, scratches, and scrapes covering most of her body. Freyan realizes she had fallen off of Maine on her way back to the house, he rushes to her, picks her up, and carries her delicately up the stairs and to the bathroom to clean her up. She sits there, on the floor, almost unresponsive, like a deer caught in headlights. Freyan seemed quite attentive, more than usual.. he grabbed a clean towel and warm water and cleaned her up a bit, about 10 minutes later returning to the bedroom, laying her down in bed. She spoke nothing, but she lightly squeezed freyans arm as he began walking away, he turns and gives a slight side smile, as he makes room under the covers to slide into. Alana painfully turns to him, wrapping her arms around his waist, and resting her head on his chest. About 10 minute later, she had fallen asleep in the same position, leaving Freyan paralyzed.. he couldn't wake her, he has no idea what this night has been for her, so he kind of uncomfortably falls asleep in that position.

The next morning.

Freyan wakes up to the feeling of movement from his partner. Alana groaning as she turned to the other side, "everything alright?" Freyan asks as he leans over and pulls her in. She collapses into his embrace as she collects herself a bit. "I'm sorry for last night, I had tried making it home in time for us to maybe do something together but Maine had other plans.." she lowered her head a bit as Freyan pulls her in closer, "don't worry, I understand. Just please be wary next time. I don't want anything happening to you, you're all I really have around these parts." Alana looks back up, this time with an intrigued look on her face. "Yeah about that.. where were you coming from that day in the woods anyways? It's really only a small pathway to and from the village." Freyans eyes widen, "I don't even think you would believe anything that happened before our incident" "try me." She says, with a slight smile. "Well it started about 7 years ago.. when I was taken by this faun that basically kept me in solitude for most of my life, with the exception of destrey. But as an adult, I'm really no use, so I must have been thrown out, all my stuff was either gone, or in a saddle bag packed onto my horse. What you saw was me rushing to get out of the woods." "Oh.. I had no idea." She says, as her smile becomes more worried. "Is he still- in the woods?" She asks, "I don't know.. he used to live in the village on the other side of these woods, up until he took me. Though he wasn't at the forest house most of the time, maybe he still lurks around there." Freyan gets up to go and make himself some coffee. Alana spends the next hour in the living room with blue and her white acoustic guitar, he hears her singing the lyrics to freyans favourite song, she called it "Mercury." Freyan was in love with her voice, he slides his back down on the opposite side of the wall and listens to her soft melodies, he smiles slightly.. he feels safe. After about 10 minutes, he gets up and walks outside to tend to the horses. He notices Maine and destrey awaiting his arrival to the gate. "You guys are too smart for your own good" he says as he flips a carrot like a coin in his hand, and hands one to each of the horses. He went to go tack up destrey, and as he ties the girth, and throws on the new bridle he picked up in the village, he hears a "where ya headed?" Freyan flips around to see Alana, shoulder leaned up against the frame of the fence. "Into the woods, care to join me?" He asked, "sounds lovely!" She exclaims as she quickly tacks up the new draft, Aläska. "Giving Maine a break?" "Yeah, it will be good for him" Alana says as she hops on, "so- we are headed to the woods- why?" She seems quite confused, Freyan has barley touched wooded borders for months. "I need to know if he is still there." "Who?" "Juniper." Freyan hops on destrey as he loosens the reins and gives des the sign to go, about 5 minutes of complete silence until Freyan finally says "I'm not crazy you know. I just need to know if I was all he wanted, I need to know if someone else is there now, is that so crazy?" He lowers his head, fiddling with the reigns. "Freyan.. I don't think you are thinking this through. What if he tries to hurt you, and for nothing." "For nothing? Alana he took me in when my dad died. I know he was an ass, but he was my life for 7 years, I can't want to see him?" He scoffs and trots off, Alana catches up to him, "I didn't mean it like that. I just feel like you are being rash." "I just need answers" he says, as they enter the opening in the woods, a place too familiar for Freyan. He sees the once old windows repaired, brand new wooden siding, a beautiful red door. New fencing around the property.. even a big brown draft free roaming. "It's been 6 months. And all of this.." "this can't be what you were talking about, it's beautiful.." Freyan looks beside him at Alana, giving her a confused look. Freyan slides off of destrey and walks up to the door, knocking as Alana stayed on her horse, watching from a distance with des. A good 10 seconds goes by with no answer, until he hears footsteps coming towards the door. And the door creaks open just enough to see a faun, this time a little shorter then him, along with a baby faun hiding behind. He pushes the door open wide and standing in front of him was this lady and her kid, "can I h-help you?" She says, almost shaking. "Have you seen juniper?" He asks firmly "m-my husband? He's in the village.. working.. why? Do you know him?" She says, taking a step back. Freyans eyes widen "h-husband?" "For a year and a half, you didn't know?" "I don't suppose that's your-" "our kid.. yes." "I'm sorry for wasting your time.." he says, turning around, getting on his horse and galloping off, no word to Alana. She calls out for him, nothing. She makes it all the way back to the house, opens the door.. and nothing..

About two hours go by when she hears the door creak open and footsteps slowly coming towards her. "Frey?" She calls out, and he comes around the corner, red eyes, bruised knuckles. "Freyan.." she sighs, going and leading him to the couch as he sits down and she pulls him in for a hug. "Is hasn't even been 6 months. And he had a kid, and a wife, and a new house. Because clearly he didn't care for me enough to give me that security. I got nothing from him. Why was I never enough for anyone." He said, as tears formed in the corners of his eyes. "You are enough. I love you Freyan." She says, and as she waits anxiously for a response, nothing. He hugs her, gets up, and walks to his room. "He just needs his space Alana. Give him his space." She says to herself, she realized in that moment it was probably a bad idea to lay that pressure on him to say it back.
An hour goes by and he walks out of his room, he's going out to feed the horses as he sees Alana already there, checking on maine. He walks up to her, "how is he?" Alana looks at Freyan, and back at Maine, "he seems okay, must have been spooked by something coming home. I can't blame him." "Understandable. Well I'm going to go feed the others, hey alana?" "Yeah?" "I love you." He says, as he hops the fence and walks away and towards des. She pauses in her tracks, smiles, and packs up for her next gig at the emerald wulf.