Dealth

It was a warm day, smog filled the sky and beggars lined the streets. The Delta quadrant was defiantly among the poorest quadrants out there. The Axolitle quadrant is the richest of the 5 quadrants. I sit upon a building that was turned to ruins during the war. Mark sits with me as we watch helicopters fly past in the sky.

  "Don't you think it's time we get down from here or something? What happens if they see us?" Marks says. "They won't" We blend in with the shadows and the rubble of the 2nd to last story up. The helicopters are constantly looking for us, except they don't know what we look like, we don't even know what each other look like. We each wear something to cover part of our faces.

 New work city is mostly in ruins except for the Axolitle and the Venes quadrant. We stay around the Delta quadrant because of the low amount of sentinels, and because we can hide in the best places. Most tall building here are either abandoned, or occupied by the homeless population. If you weren't among the selected, you would be sent here, or the Belca quadrant.

 "We should probably get going, its going to be dark soon" Mark says with a worried tone. "Why should we leave, night is the best time to get beiz." "We already have 7,500 beiz at base, I think we have enough Dealth." Mark says in an annoyed tone. He's not the type to think ahead. I shoot an irritated glance his way. "Okay, and what happens when something happens to me on a run to the security station and we need painkillers or something stronger? That's 3000 plus beiz down the drain." 

About two months ago I fractured my ankle when I was fleeing a market after I stole 500 beiz worth of goods. When I jumped off of a ledge down to a lower section of the market I landed directly on my ankle because my shirt got snagged on a piece of rebar on the ledge. Before the vendor could catch me I had already climbed a two story building by only using my arms and one of my legs. I fully recovered, but I was but out of commission for about 6 weeks.

"Dude, it was one time. We had enough beiz then, were gonna have enough now. Besides, I heard that the price for meds has went down, so were good." I'm irritated with his answer but I can't deny the fact that he's right about the prices. 

I see someone with a very expensive purse, If I wasn't five stories up I would steal it. I've always had good skills that come in handy in times like this. For example, slight of hand. I've pickpocketed countless people. Its easy if you know what your doing. I would defiantly get a good sum of money for it. At least 400 beiz. 

This is one of the smaller buildings in this quadrant. Six stories tall, well it used to be. Now it's just a mere 3 stories. This is not a place I usually visit. Just because we blend in doesn't mean they won't spot us. They don't like us for multiple reasons, but it's particularly me. Theft, trespassing, arson, 2rd degree murder, to many felony's to count. It's not my fault that they screwed me over.

We sit in silence for a good 5 minutes before One Times Square lit up in all black and red with the Quixotics signature banner. A geodesic sphere with a grey lion. Everything stops and people salute while the Quixotics anthem plays. Beggars and all, including mark. I chose not to salute to the anthem unless a sentinel is near by watching. If you are caught not saluting to the anthem, you are either put it prison, or you are shot on the spot. 

Once the anthem ends everyone goes back to their normal lives either begging or selling items though the vendors market. "Come on, let's go" I say to mark. "Be careful going down by the way, footholds here tend to...give out occasionally" Mark definitely didn't like that detail. Once we got down from the building and onto the streets I put on my hood partially covering my hair. 

As we're walking a sentinel looks at me and smirks. They think just because they were among the selected, they can treat everyone with the highest grade of disrespect. Even though there's a level above them, they don't care. They use any power they can get.