꧁Chapter 9꧂

[A/N]: this chapters ending has been rewritten

━━༻❁༺━━

"I think it's best if we stop being friends." [Y/N] said as Kita froze.

"But...why..." Kita asked as he looked [Y/N] in the eyes.

"Because I'm a boring, lazy, free loading, good for nothing idiot." [Y/N] said as he smiled weakly while holding Kita's hands.

"But you're perfect Shinsuke. You're smart, you have a family that loves you, you're reliable and most importantly, a great friend." [Y/N] continued but Kita couldn't respond or speak because everything was happening so fast.

"You have a perfect image and I'm just messing it up. So thank you Shinsuke, for everything. Thank you for tolerating me and being my best friend. Pfft- who am I kidding. You probably found me so annoying. The constant teasing and constant babysitting you had to do just for me." [Y/N] sighed as Kita blinked a few times. He couldn't process anything, he was dazed and confused by everything happening.

"Ah, I just remembered. I have customers still. I'm sorry for wasting your time. If you need anything from the shop, it's on the house." [Y/N] smiled before he let go of Kita's hands and turned to a customer.

Kita then looked down the isles in search of the things his grandmother needed. After getting them, he left the store without a word. He made his way back home as [Y/N]'s words replayed in his mind.

Upon arriving back home, Kita opened the door and took off his shoes before walking into the kitchen to give his grandmother the ingredients.

"You're back late, anything happened Shinsuke?" Yumie asked her grandson before his lip started to quiver as his eyes widened.

"Shinsuke?" Yumie asked as she walked up to him before he bursted into tears.

"Shinsuke?! What's wrong?!" She asked as she held Kita's hands.

"[Y/N]...and I...We aren't friend a-anymore." Kita said between hiccups as Yumie frowned.

"But why?" She asked as Kita shrugged.

"He said all this bad stuff about himself and then said he was only making me look bad." Kita said as Yumie hugged him.

"Well did he?"

"No...Not at all..." Kita said as he leaned into his grandmother's arms.

"Something tells me he's dealing with stuff and he doesn't know how to deal with it. When I can, I'll go and see what's wrong. Okay?" Yumie said before Kita pulled away from her. He then nodded before she smiled.

"Good. Dinner will be ready in a little bit and then you for getting the ingredients I needed." She said before Kita nodded and walked to his room.

"Something tells me Shinsuke's dad had something to do with this." Yumie said to herself before she continued to cook.