Part 2: The Re-sorting

Draco's POV
The train had arrived and I could tell Harry was really scared. As soon as we got off the train he tensed up and started to shake. While we were in the train I was able to distract but now I can't.

I grabbed hold of Harry's hand and whispered in his ear, "everything is going to be okay, I promise." Harry nodded and squeezed my hand to assure me that he was okay.
When we were outside the gate to the school I stopped him.

"If anything is wrong, anything whatsoever, promise me that you will tell me." I said hoping that he would agree.
"Only if you promise the same" Harry reasoned. I nodded.
"I promise" we said in sync, which made us both laugh.
"I can do this" I heard Harry say under his breath.
"We can do it" I corrected him.

End of POV

No Ones POV

They both walked through the gates and made their way to the great hall. When they get there McGonagall tells them to sit where they usually sit.

"I'll talk to you later" Draco says. "Ok" Harry replied giving him a weak smile. They let go of each others hands and walk to there tables, where he's greeted by Hermione.

"Where have you been!" She yells which makes Harry flinch, Which Draco noticed from afar.

"Sorry I didn't mean to yell" she apologies.

"It's fine don't worry" Harry fake smiles.

"Where is everyone?" Harry questioned.

"Only 7th and 8th years came back this year." She stated.

"Oh okay" harry said, surprised. Harry spaced out again 'I wonder if Draco is ok' Harry thought.

After while professor McGonagall started to make a speech.

"Good evening everyone, due to recent events everyone is going to be re-sorted because a lot of people have become different. Becoming different in this sense, it's not always a bad thing but it can be. So we are going to sort all the 8th years first then we will sort the 7th years." She explained.
"All 8th years come to the front of the great hall." She announced.

"Everything going to be fine." Harry whispered to himself. His breathing started to get heavy.

Draco walked over to harry knowing that he was stressing about the sorting ceremony

"Like you said everything is going to be fine." Draco reassured, grabbing harry's hand.

"Just breathe"draco squeezed him hand. "you can do it" Harry's breathing slowly went back to normal and Draco let go of his hand. "How do you do it?" Harry questioned.
"Do what?" Draco asked, confused. "Stop my panic attacks and get me to calm down easily. No one else can, and plenty of people have tried." Harry answered. "I don't know, you must trust me more than your friends." He guessed.  "I do trust you." Harry spoke sincerely. "Why?" Draco queried. "I don't know I kinda always have. I don't really know why" the other boy responded. "Even when we weren't friends?" Draco inquired. "Yeah" Harry replied instantly. "Anyways lets get this sorting out of the way because it's making me really nervous" Harry said shakily. "You're okay" Draco reassuringly said grabbing hold Harry's hand to comfort him. Harry squeezed Draco's hand to show him that he appreciated him helping.

It was Draco's turn to get re-sorted "Draco Malfoy" his name was called by McGonagall.

He went up to the stool that they were told to sit on and sat down. He made eye contact with Harry because he was making sure that he was okay. They gave each other reassuring smiles and started to pay attention to what the sorting hat was saying.

"Ambitious, cunning but also loyal. Hmmm...Better be...SLYTHERIN!" Draco walked back over to the table he was sat at before, still looking at Harry making sure he was okay. 

"Hermione Granger" she announced the next name.

"Hmmm... not a lot has changed with this mind, courage, ambition and also wit. Hmm... but where to put you? "GRYFFINCLAW!" The hat spoke certainly.

"What? What does that mean professor?" Hermione questioned, nervously.
"It means that you are a mix of both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw." McGonagall replied.

"W-where s-should I go?" Hermione stuttered.

"Whichever you think is the right fit. but remember, your friends might not still be in Gryffindor so choose wisely." She commented.

Hermione stands up and makes her way down to the tables, she's stood in the middle of the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw tables.

She decides to actually listen to what McGonagall was telling her. She slowly makes her way the the Ravenclaw table, unsure whether she has made the right decision or not, she sits down hoping she made the right decision.

"Ronald Weasley." McGonagall said looking at Ron. Ron approached the chair and sat down, fear showing on his face. McGonagall placed the hat onto his head.

"Hmmm....kind......loyal......brave...... Gryffindor!" Ron gets up smiling and goes to sit down at the Gryffindor table.

 "Harry potter." professor McGonagall called looking back from the list she was holding.  Harry looked practically  petrified. He really didn't want to be re-sorted, he loved being in Gryffindor with the people that he classed as family. he walked up to stand next to McGonagall. fear imbedded in his brain as he walked closer to the sorting hat. He sat on the stool in front of everyone hat placed on his head, and squeezed his eyes shut hoping he's still going to stay in Gryffindor.

"hmm... smart, not a bad mind either, there's courage and a great thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?"  the sorting hat spoke cunningly.   "I know........."