1. The shift

Hera  P.o.v

"Quit sighing," Ava said seriously. " Yeah right," I muttered under my breath then sighed again.

She glanced in the rearview mirror with a glare then focused on the road.

"You should make sure you don't bring that rotten attitude to our new house." She said between gritted teeth.

I glanced at her for a second then chuckled softly. Was she trying to be a comedian?. Because her shit wasn't any funny.

"And whose fault is it that we are traveling far away ?" I asked in a whisper.

"What?" She asked loudly while glancing at the rearview mirror again.

"Nothing, did you hear something?" I asked trying so hard to play dumb.

"I don't care what you think of me Hera. All I know is that I'm still your fucking mother who gave birth to you. So always show some respect and keep your asshole side in check." She warned.

I swallowed hard then bite my lower lip.

"Keep your peace Hera. Keep calm." I said to myself silently over and over again.

I wasn't going to fire back, nor spit at her for being such a horrible mother in my fucking life!. She was the reason why I had no place I could call home!.

My grudge with her started way back when my father was still alive.

My father was a very kind, humble, devoted man, who came from a respectable home and background. While on the other my mother was a nagging, ungrateful, selfish lady who came from a very wealthy family.

You might wonder how such a lady would end up with such a man. It's simple. Her screw-up life was all that went wrong.

My mother was what we called a player. She was never faithful to one man nor interested in dating them seriously. She had her share of fun and nights out, until one day she got badly drunk and was dared to fuck my dad who was the virgin loser in most eyes.

She being the queen of the show chose to go on with the entertainment. She talked my Dad into sleeping with her. And like a fucking horrible fairytale, my Dad who was already crushing on her stupidly gave in.

That one-night stand was suppose to end that same night. But shit turned messy when my darling mother discovered that she was pregnant with me. She was so scared of her family finding out, and what they would do to her. And so she pinned her rotten sins on a millionaire Playboy.

The millionaire Playboy first rejected her strongly. But a few threats from my so-called mother had him agreeing.

Ava felt like she was on top of the world. Her every will and order was going as planned and nothing seemed to stand in her way. Well, the dumb bitch was dead wrong because the night that she gave birth to me made the millionaire playboy realize something. How could his dear lovely Ava give birth to a healthy baby girl, who wasn't even premature when she had told him she was only five months pregnant!.

The man was furious, he wasted no time in rejecting her openly and shaming my poor grandparents.

As for my grandparents, they renounced my mother as their daughter and kicked her out.

Ava had nowhere to go and no roof on her head. I had no idea if that's where her hatred towards me began or later on. But she was angry and felt like her life was at the end of the road. Luckily she still had one card to use on her sleeve and that was my father.

Being the genius that she thought she was. She easily figured out who the owner of her child was and where he lived. ( That was my father ).

She approached my father and explained everything to him in tears. My father who was already in love with her, accepted her without a second thought or any reason of doubt. He welcomed her in his humble home and vowed to protect the two of us.