Chapter 4: Teammates

P.O.V. [Name]

I groaned a bit as I began to stretch. Out of all the ways, I thought my first night at Beacon would go. Sleeping on the floor wasn't one of them. I brought a few covers here with me so I wasn't too uncomfortable but even so, laying on the ground wasn't exactly the best way I had spent the night. Especially when there were hundreds of others doing the exact same thing. I could hear a few people snoring as well making it that much harder to sleep.

I feel sorry for whoever has to share a dorm with them, and hopefully, I'm not one of those people. As I woke up, I began to gather the cover I used last night and began to make my way towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. Honestly, I couldn't care what I look like at the moment, but I'm sure whoever my teammate is will. As I walked into the bathroom I began to quickly go through my morning routine. Starting with brushing my teeth, and then going into a shower.

After I washed myself I began to make my way towards the cafeteria so that I could get something to eat. I guess that is one of the perks of getting to attend Beacon. I don't need to worry about what I'm going to eat because the school would always provide something for us. Probably the only good thing about being forced to come to this place. After I got a plate I began to look around at the several students in front of me.

I'm honestly a bit surprised I haven't been recognized yet. Then again I've always heard the best way of hiding is to do it in plain sight. So maybe I shouldn't be that surprised that no one's recognized me yet. After all, what kind of criminal would go to a school for huntsmen in training willingly? On paper it sounded completely insane, and yet here I was. As I ate I looked for anyone who seemed like they might make a good partner for me.

I know they establish teams early in the year so if at all possible I want to be able to have some influence over that. I definitely want to avoid anyone who seemed too eager to prove themselves. They'd probably put together the fact that I'm a criminal in no time. Also don't want to go up against anyone who seemed out of my league like that Pyrrha girl that's supposed to be joining as well.

After I finished eating I stood up with my plate and began to make my way towards the area I saw people putting their dishes. As I did I heard a slightly familiar voice start to echo throughout the building. "Would all first-year Beacon students report to Beacon cliff for initiation. Again, all first-year students report to Beacon cliff immediately," The voice said before eventually fading away. So the initiations going to be at the cliffs?

I wonder what they're planning to do. Are they just going to have us fight each other? That seemed like the simplest option. It was a classic exhibition of skill, those who seemed competent in their abilities were allowed in, while those that fell short of Beacon's standards were left behind. It seemed like the easiest and quickest way to make sure those that were worthy got into the school.

I'm not sure how they'd assign teams if that were the case, but even so, I'm sure they would have had something figured out. After all, they had more than enough time to plan all this out. When I arrived on top of the cliff I saw several others already there, as well as several small stone platforms with Beacon's logo on them. As well as several people standing on top of the small platforms.

When I saw this I began to do the same standing on one of the platforms in line. As I did I saw several others beginning to gather around as well. And shortly after that, the two from yesterday walked in front of us. The first was obvious the headmaster of Beacon academy Ozpin. He was on a few magazines as well as the pamphlet for Beacon so figuring out who he was wasn't that hard. The blonde, however, well I wasn't sure about her.

She seemed to be rather serious, or at the very least she took her job very seriously. I haven't seen her around the school much, but every time I did she was with Ozpin. So maybe she was his assistant? But she did seem to be a bit too serious for something like that. So I'm not really sure about her. After it seemed like all the students had arrived Ozpin cleared his throat as he looked at us.