Chapter 2: New members

P.O.V. [Name]

I looked around the rather large building that Roman had brought us to. "Are you sure about this?" I asked as I looked at the male in front of me causing him to nod with a smile.

"Of course I am, this building is abandoned so no one would ever think to check here. First, we'll have to get things set up to make sure that just in case the police do find out we live here we have a plan for dealing with them or at the very least a plan to escape," Roman said as he looked at us. He of course decided to bring me and Neo, and a few others that he knew were loyal to him however, he also left a rather large number of us behind.

Not that I can blame him. If any of them were an informant that could have gave away our plans to the police and we would have been captured. So I understand why he only took the ones that he knew were loyal to him. It just made sense. "So what's our first target?" I asked as I looked at the male in front of me.

"One of the dust companies," Roman said as he looked at me and I nodded. I should have expected this from him. Dust was a valuable thing to steal and people were more than willing to pay our price for it considering that it was usually half of what any company offered. "But this time we're not going to be selling it, I've got other things in mind," Roman said as he looked at us.

This was more surprising, it wasn't often that we took something and didn't sell it. Even the famous jewels that we stole eventually got sold. We just had to smash them and break them into smaller pieces before selling them. So the fact we were going to be stealing dust without actually selling it was a bit surprising. "Mind if I ask why?" I asked as I looked at the male in front of me. It seemed as if Neo shared my sentiments.

She raised a hand and rubbed her fingers together. While to others while it wouldn't have been clear what she meant when you've been around her as much as I and him have, she was asking him how he planned to get some more lien. When we asked this he sighed and looked around before looking at me and Neo. "Follow me you two, I think I can let the two of you in on what I have planned," Roman said as he looked at us.

He then began to walk away and we followed behind him. I had to admit I was more than just a little curious about what he had planned. We continued to walk and I was making sure that no one was following us that they couldn't eavesdrop on us. We then entered one of the several rooms that were in this building. He shut the door behind us and listened closely most likely for anyone that had been following us.

After a few moments, Roman turned to look at us and pulled out his scroll. I could see him searching through something before he held it sideways and a hologram appeared above the device. I could see what appeared a mechanized battlesuit, and while I couldn't tell how big it was I could guess that it was rather large based on how it was built. "This is something that's being held nearby," Roman said with a smile.

"What is it?" I asked as I looked at the device in front of me.

"This is an Atlesian Paladin-290, or at least a prototype for one. I want to steal it and make it ours. Just imagine all of the stores we'd be able to rob with this thing! Especially on that first night, smash into a wall rob the store of all it's valuables, leave before the cops show up, and then rinse and repeat. People will be so confused trying to deal with all the chaos and panic that we could hit more stores than we thought possible," Roman said as he looked at the female in front of him.

"I have to admit that is rather ambitious," I said as I looked at the male in front of me as the hologram disappeared. "I take it this is why we need the dust?" I asked as I looked at Roman.

"Of course it is," He said with a smile as he looked at them. "Or at least most of it. Things like bullet infused dust won't do us any good since we have no way to extract the dust. Which is why things like that are safe to sell," Roman said as he looked at us before nodding his head.