Blanket Forts and Florence Pugh (Spencer Reid) ☁️

Word count - 1500
Category - Fluff
Warnings - None
...

You sat alone in the spacious apartment, mindlessly scrolling through your phone as a distraction from how badly you missed your boyfriend, Spencer Reid. You had been dating for a year now and were getting used to being apart while he was away solving cases, but you found yourself missing him extra this past week, as you had both finally decided it was time to move in together. It was agreed that you would be moving in to his apartment, since it was much bigger than yours and in a part of town you both loved (small coffee shops, family owned bookstores, and pretty parks just a short walk away).

You had officially settled in, moving and unpacking all of your belongings last week. You had been so excited to live with Spencer, getting to spend more time together. You even got butterflies just thinking of doing the simplest, most mundane tasks with him, like brushing your teeth or organizing his bookshelves. You loved the domesticity of it all; from waking up next to your beautiful beau and helping him choose his tie, to cooking diner together and reading in bed.

Unfortunately, you hadn't gotten the chance to experience any of that, since Spencer was called away on a case in Atlantic City the night you finished settling in, and hadn't been back since. It was a particularly odd case, the unsub abducting young women from around the city and placing their bodies in public places, dressed and posed like dolls. The unusual nature of the crimes meant the team was hard at work looking for any connections they could, interviewing families and trying to find the meaning behind the picture perfect posing of the corpses.

Spencer had texted you to let you know they had a lead, meaning they would likely be able to wrap up the case and fly home the next day. You were initially excited, but that was 3 days ago. You guys had talked briefly on the phone since then, but you hadn't heard from him at all today, so you assumed the team was still busy, struggling to find the unsub.

It was 11:45 when you decided to finally put your phone down and start your nightly routine. It felt a bit strange (seeing as you usually went to bed sometime in the early hours of the morning), but without Spencer around to spend time with, you didn't see the point in staying up. Just as you finished changing into your favourite summer pj set (a silky cami with a lace trim and matching shorts), the creaking sound of the front door opening was heard throughout the apartment. You stayed frozen in fear for a second before relaxing at the sound of a soft voice tentatively calling out "I'm home Y/N! Are you awake?" A wide smile formed on your face as you excitedly yelled back "Spencer!", while making your way out of the bedroom towards the front of the apartment. You felt your heart swell as soon as you saw your loving boyfriend. He looked tired, the dark circles under his eyes a deeper shade of purple than usual, but his hazel irises lit up as soon as they locked with yours. He quickly dropped his go bag and closed the distance between you both, one hand finding it's place on your hips, the other one gently on your cheek, pulling you in for a sweet kiss before hugging you, nuzzling his slightly scruffy face into the soft crook of your neck. "I missed you so much baby" he whispered into your hair as you held each other in the middle of the apartment, just wanting to be as physically close as possible after too much time apart. "I missed you too. I'm so glad you're finally home."

After a minute or so of your embrace, you slowly pulled back to look at him, trying to communicate all of your feelings through your gaze. Eventually, he reached out and grabbed your hands, leading you to sit down on the dark leather couch a couple feet away before heading straight to the linen closet. Weird, but ok, you thought to yourself; you had stopped questioning Reid a long time ago and learnt to just trust him, going along with whatever he was thinking. I mean, he was a genius after all. A couple seconds went by before Spencer reappeared in front of you, holding what looked to be every single blanket you guys owned. Which was a lot. You looked at your other half with a soft smile as you began to understand what he was doing, getting up to help. After 20 minutes of running around the living room like children, playfully arguing about optimal pillow placement and throwing blankets over each others heads, you finally settled down in your epic blanket fort.

"Now tell me, how has your first week been?" Spencer asked, laying down to face you, propped up on his cardigan covered elbows. "It's been lonely with you away, but it was comforting to have all your stuff around" you smiled shyly, looking up into his golden eyes that were taken over by a slightly sad expression. "I'm really sorry I couldn't be here to help move you in, but I promise I'll make it up to you." "Oh yeah?" you asked, your eyebrows arching up with a slight smile spreading across your lips, "And how do you plan on doing that, Pretty Boy?" you teased. Spencer rolled his eyes and pulled your body closer to his as he spoke softly in your ear "Well, to start off, I thought we could stay up all night in here" he motions around the cozy little blanket cave you guys built before explaining, "Hotch gave us the next few days off and your next shift at the hospital isn't until Thursday. I know it's late and you're probably tired -we can go to bed if you want-, but I missed you so much and I really just want to stay up talking about everything and nothing, just like we did when we first started dating" he paused to give you shy smile. "I stopped at the store on the way home and grabbed our favourites: cookie dough ice cream, salted pretzels, peanut M&Ms, and fuzzy peaches!" he said brightly. "I also downloaded that Marvel movie you've been wanting to wa-" "Black Widow?!" you cut him off excitedly. He just laughed at your enthusiasm and nodded his head before smirking while muttering under his breath, "Don't think I don't know why you want to watch it so badly". You gasped dramatically and knocked your arm against his, a teasing smile on your face. "Oh yeah, let's hear your theory Mr. 187" you shot back playfully. "Well, based on the way you look at and speak about them, the time you spend on their IMBD pages, the amount of articles you've read about them, and the fact you've been watching all of their filmography, even the genres you would never usually be interested in, tells me that you-" he taps the tip of your nose dramatically, "have a crush on both Scarlett Johansson and Florence Pugh, Florence being your favourite!" You sighed before responding "Fine! Fine", throwing your hands up in surrender, "You're right like always, ok?" you said jokingly, your cheeks blushing a light pink. "Knew it!" Spencer exclaimed with a proud grin before changing his expression to a thoughtful, almost confused pout. "You know, maybe I shouldn't have gotten you that movie..." he thinks aloud, shooting you a fake worried glance. "Aw, why is that? Are you jealous Spence?" you ask as you nudge him teasingly. He just looks your way and playfully rolls his eyes before pulling you in for a kiss.

You guys spent the rest of the night cuddling in the cozy fort, watching movies, having tickle fights, and debating who would win in hypothetical fights between the members of the BAU (Spencer was adamant he could take Rossi, but you weren't so sure; you had a feeling Papa Pasta could pack a pretty hard punch if he wanted to). By the time the sun was coming up in the sky, you were on your fourth round of what you and Spencer affectionately called "Snack Toss", laughing as you attempted to throw M&Ms to your boyfriend from across your comfy set-up, missing his open mouth entirely and hitting him in the forehead for the third time. You both grinned and giggled at the fail before Spencer made his way back across the fort to you, settling against your back with his arm around your waist. "As fun as this night has been, I think it's time we get a little sleep" he said softly, his warm breath tickling your neck. You nodded sleepily and wiggled back into him, getting even closer as he pulled a soft blanket over you both. As you were just about to close your eyes, you smiled lazily, a wonderful warmth spreading through your chest as you gently said "I love you, Spence". Reid's arm around your waist tightened as he placed a few small kisses to the back of your neck. "I love you too, Y/N; Forever and Always". "Forever and Always" you repeated sleepily as you began to drift off.