7 - You're new, aren't you?

Areum let out a shaky sigh

Lim Jaebom.

who tf is that

She sighed again as she smoothed down her (now clean) uniform skirt. She grabbed her soaked clothes and put them in the bag where the clean uniform she was wearing was in.

She exited the restroom, closing the door but suddenly jumped in fright, not expecting the tall figure behind it.

"Jungkook? You scared me! What are you doing here? They're gonna see you—"

"Are you okay?" He interrupted, concerned.

"I'm fine." She let out.

A silence followed. They both knew she wasn't fine and Jungkook didn't know what to say. He can't just say "No, you're not." because what then? He's not good at comforting people and he really wish he was right now.

"Just sticky." She added with a small smile.

Jungkook was mad. Here she was again trying to make him feel better about a situation that hurt her.

"Stop that." He whispered. "Stop being okay with what happens to you. It's all because of her, do something about it."

"She's just misunderstood. I know she's a bitch but she's just scared."

"I don't care. I'm sick of you getting hurt because of her." He raised his voice.

Areum flinched but recovered quickly and grabbed his hand. "It's okay. I'm okay."

"It's not okay. I can't really do anything about it." He frowned. "I can't even comfort you." He whispered. "I've never really had to comfort anyone but myself. I never really cared for anyone to the point of wanting to comfort them. But I do know that I want to comfort you and it irks me not knowing how." He ran his thumb over Areum's hand.

Areum smiled. "You could start by swinging by at my place later. We could get pizza and watch movies, my choice of course."

Jungkook had to be home by the time school ended. His parents' orders.

"I'll bring snacks." He smiled.

He would deal with his parents later.

His smile faltered when Areum pulled her hand away from his to clutch the bag with her soaked uniform.

"It's time I tell you something but you have to promise not to tell anyone. It's really important." She said shakily.

--

Areum walked to her locker to place the bag in her backpack. Jungkook had agreed to not say anything and they would hangout after school. She smiled when she remembered how his doe eyes drowned in curiosity. What a curious bunny.

Her smiled faltered when she saw a tall figure besides her locker. Choosing to ignore the guy, she continued to reach her locker.

"I see the uniform fit. I wasn't sure what size to pick, the nurse had a fit about that."

Jaebom.

Her eyes widened choosing to peek from behind her locker door. "You're Jaebom?" He nodded and she handed him his blazer.

He smiled and thanked her with a smile.

weird

"You're new, aren't you?" She deadpanned.

He tilted his head back and let out a chuckle. She could only stare curiously until he looked back at her. "What gave me away?"

"You're nice."

"Isn't everyone?"

"Nice to me." She clarified and he frowned. "As you can tell, I'm not very loved around here and you might've ruined your chances at making friends."

"I don't care. I have a very cool friend right here." He gestured to her.

"You just met me. I was soaked in strawberry milk, how is that cool?" She raised a brow.

He peeked at the inside of her locker and stifled a laugh as he pointed to the sticker in her backpack.

Her eyes widened in horror. There in her backpack was a sticker. A sticker with Tayo the Little Bus in it. Tayo was even winking...

"Jisung.. That little brat.." She hissed lowly.

Jaebom chuckled.

a/n: omg i'm SO sorrry, i just realized it has been like a year since i last updated. i'm SO sorryyyy. this is a short update but i just wanted to update ASAP!!!

also yes, the scene from the last chapter was from true beauty. and i chose for the sticker to be Tayo because enhypen's song reminded me of the times my younger brother religiously replayed the intro song all. day. long. anyways, look out for references and mentions bcs there will be a lot! point them out if u notice any!

what do u think areum will tell jungkook???;)

qotc (qotd but c, because remember i had said i would ask y'all a question every chapter) : what is a weird habit of yours?