2 - Big-Brain-Bunny-Looking-Guy

The bell rang and Areum was the first one out of the classroom

The bell rang and Areum was the first one out of the classroom. She couldn't stay there any longer, it felt like the walls were closing in and all she could hear was her classmates' laughter.

Just one day of peace. That's all I want.

She walked over to her locker, unlocking it and placing her backpack inside. She took her math textbook out, a journal, highlighters and a pencil. She wasn't going to let the big-brain-bunny-looking guy tutor her. She knew it wouldn't bring anything good, rumors would spread as fast as fire.

Rumors are probably the thing Areum hates the most. They're the cause of her miserableness.

It was lunch hour but she couldn't bring herself to sit in a cafeteria full of people who despise her so she went to the library to study algebra for the fifth time this week. Today was Friday.

Entering the quiet library, she made her way to where the big wall of windows was at and she sat on one of the tables near to it, in the corner.

Not a lot of students came to the library since reading wasn't really encouraged in this school. Heck, the staff probably doesn't even care about the students.

Areum opened her textbook to the assigned page and opened her journal to a blank page, working out some problems so she could hopefully understand the subject more.

Areum tried, she really did but she just couldn't make sense of the equations.

It's math. No need for letters up in this b'

She sighed, throwing her head back and running her fingers through her hair. She just wanted to be in bed right now, warmly tucked in her bed sheets but of course, school had to exist.

When she came back to reality and opened her eyes, she flinched in surprise when she found a certain big-brain-bunny-looking guy sitting right across from her.

"You scared the shit out of me." She mumbled, looking away from the guy's doe eyes.

"Huh?" The guy let out, not quite hearing her.

Areum let out a shaky breath. He really had scared her, he was just sitting there... staring at her. "N-Nothing. Can I help you with something?"

The guy let out a small smile. "I think I should be the one asking you that. I was asked to tutor you by Mr.Kang, remember?"

She flinched at the mention of her teacher and gulped. He noticed but he didn't say anything. Jungkook was the type to analyze people before approaching someone, his dad always told him that not everyone was the same and that some people had to be cared for and loved quite differently than others.

Of course, Jungkook did not plan on loving and caring for everyone he approached but he still analyzed people because it had become a habit of his.

Areum... he tried to figure her out but he couldn't. He couldn't because there was so many things drilled on his head about her. He didn't know how to feel about her and he hated the fact that he was judging her so quickly on just mere rumors. He didn't want to be as shallow as the others.

"You don't have to." Areum cleared her throat, bringing Jungkook back from his thoughts. "I was studying just now, I'll be fine on my own."

Jungkook would have been thrilled about hearing this if he hadn't been offered extra credit, but he was. As much as Jungkook wanted to think he wanted to tutor her to get to know her, he knew, deep down, that he just really wanted that extra credit.

I'm such an asshole for thinking like this wtf

Jungkook shook his head. "I know I don't have to but I-I want to." He looked at her with big, puppy eyes hoping she would agree because he knew that if she didn't, his grade would go from a 97 to who knows what but he knew it would be less than a 95 and he couldn't have that.

"You're a sucker for extra credit, aren't you?" She laughed, shaking her head.

Despite just being caught in a lie, Jungkook felt himself slowly lose himself in the sound of her laugh. She looked so beautiful just now, the sun shining on her caramel skin, making her brown eyes sparkle and coloring them a honey color. Her plump, pink lips seemed to be calling his name. His cheeks reddened as he realized what he was thinking.

Now, Jungkook didn't always think this way. Which is why he zoned out just now. He wasn't the type to fuzz over girls but Areum just caught his attention so suddenly.

How could anyone hate someone this beautiful?

He knew beauty wasn't everything but when he looked at her, things like that didn't matter.

"Did you hear what I just said?" She asked, raising a brow. A teasing smile on her lips.

Jungkook, a bit too flustered and unable to speak, just shook his head.

"You can tutor me but I'm just letting you know,"

"It won't be easy."

Jungkook would later understand what she meant by that.