January 2nd, 2018

Hi hi! I hope you enjoy my new book Three Years. Please do not copy this work.

No trigger warnings at the start of chapters it will ruin the element of surprise. They will be stated here. Trigger warnings: Description of distorted wide faces (not in detail.), anxiety, panic attacks, derealization, and description of injuries

If any of the above triggers you please read with caution.

If any of the cc's want this book taken down then I will remove it immediately.

I hope you enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it!

———

"Let's go!" I cheer, throwing my keys in the passenger seat. I slam the door shut after me and grip the wheel tightly as the car starts up. 

4 am.  August 24th, 2023.

-
January 2nd, 2018

"It's late," I slide in the passenger seat, the clock reading 4:14 am. The night is still relatively young and my eyes are still heavy, but I'll do it for Ranboo.

"Y/n, stay awake," Ranboo says, rubbing my back slightly as he slides his keys in the ignition.

The motion is soothing, causing my eyes to droop.

"Music?" He asks, turning up the radio.

My eyes flutter open at the melody, the slow humming of the artist could soothe me to sleep but instead, I find my brain listening to the lyrics.

Some day when I die, and I close both my eyes,
You should know I'm coming back to haunt you

My eyes flit over to the man at the wheel next to me as he grips the wheel with ease, his eyes stay trained on the road, stopping at each light. I wouldn't stop at any of the lights. He's safe and careful.

"Boo?" I speak up above the music. "If I die, I'll haunt you."

This earns a chuckle from the blonde. "You'll haunt me? What, you'll come and steal my toothbrush?" He burst out into a fit of giggles. "What are you going to say? 'Ooooh, it's me y/n. I'm so scary!'?" He plays around with the question I asked.

I whine, scooting down in the passenger seat, embarrassed. It was a genuine statement. When I die I'll visit him whenever I can, making sure that he knows that it's me who travels through his wall and that it's me who makes the air cold and not just the air conditioning.

"Don't worry, y/n. I'll haunt you too." He reaches his hand across the middle console to grab my warm palm. Our fingers interlace with one another and our body warmth connects and creates a comfortable heating sensation between us.

Ranboo rolls down the windows, letting in the cold night air that causes goosebumps to form on my forearms.

I breathe the fresh air in and out. It doesn't smell like car exhaust like it does in the day when the highway is most commonly used. It smells of salt and lemongrass.

I focus on Ranboo's movements, the way his thumb moves across my knuckles in a soothing motion has me in a hazy daze.

Sitting a foot away from each other is more taunting than I thought. I want nothing more than to be cased in his arms and held for hours. Nothing more than to feel his breath tickle my neck as he plays a video game or when we're on the couch watching a show. His touch causes a heating blush and a warm tingling sensation as his fingers leave my skin. He leaves me yearning for more of his affection and kindness.

I stare at him as the song plays its end. His eyes catch mine and he smiles, revealing his perfect white teeth. I return the smile with a slight squeeze to his hand.

Every aspect of him is imperfectly perfect. I admire the birthmark that causes his eyes the red streaks. The memory defects that cause him frustration from time to time make my heart sink to see him stressed but it reminds me that it's ok to have struggles. Every time a problem stands in his way, he always finds a way around it. I learn patience from him.

He has a few scars, like when he fell off his bunk bed when he was younger, he hit his arm on a few sharp deadly lego pieces. When he was hiking, one misstep caused a gash on his left leg on the calf. His face remains untouched from harm for now. Even if there were any scars on his face, I wouldn't care. I'd love him no matter what scars cover him.

I'm tired, in this car, listening to the soft music with Ranboo's hand in my own.

I lay my head against the headrest.

"My Star, you don't need to stay up. Relax, sleep." He reaches behind his seat and pulls out a blanket, draping it over me gently.

I hum a thank you and keep a hold on his hand. But it slips away and he places it back on the wheel.

"Boo," I reach my hand out from underneath the blanket. "Don't let go."

He chuckles and interlaces his hand with my own once again. A sigh of content leaves my lips once his hand is secure in mine.

My brain registers one last thing before it shuts down: "I won't let go."

———
HAVE A GREAT DAY / NIGHT. Get some sleep <3