December 17, 2017

I scratch the back of my neck, trying to erase the deadly thoughts from my mind.

"Y/n, we should slow down," Ranboo says, pointing at the speed limit. The speed limit that I've exceeded by 20mph.

I ignore him as the pit in my stomach returns. The regret, the pain. All of it begins to creep back into my chest and infect it with its deadly disease. The disease I thought I rid myself of, or rather the one I tried to avoid and cover-up.

The sky is lighter than 30 minutes ago, the sun is bound to peak from the hills in a few minutes.

It isn't until my car is fully parked in a parking space that I realize I blanked for the past ten minutes of driving.

"Y/n, why are we here? I thought-" Ranboo's voice trails off. He's already out of the car.

I take in my surroundings, the uneven ground, the very few trees, and the one archway with the words that mark an unwanted territory.

I didn't want to come here, but I must've for a reason.

-

December 17, 2017

"That's what a shooting star is, an asteroid." He says, pointing to the starry sky.

"Yeah? I knew that." I huff.

He's been explaining the process of how asteroids form and travel. If I'm being honest, it's interesting. I didn't know too much about them but now I do.

Seconds of silence pass us as I take in the previous information and examine the sky and its beautiful lights.

"Hey, Boo?" I turn to lay on my side, facing him. "What would you do if an asteroid landed on earth. You know, if it were to wipe out our whole planet. Would there be anything you would want to do?"

His face contorts in confusion. "Well, how much time would I have?"

I fiddle with the blades of grass that host my body but retaliate with its itchiness. "I don't know, say 30 minutes."

He blows out air from his mouth. I'm unsure whether it's from surprise or just a causal sigh.

"Hmm, I can't tell you." He says with ease.

"What? Why? Is it some sort of secret that you're keeping from me?" I laugh slightly, only to cover the tinge of anxiety.

"No, not at all. I just can't see the outcome." He turns to face the stars.

"I don't understand," I say, copying his action by facing the glimmering balls of light.

"I can't tell you because it hasn't actually happened yet. I can't predict the future nor the outcome of an event. Even if I could, I would hate to think of such a catastrophic occurrence that could take me away from you. I don't like to think of things that make me sad and when I do it's like an asteroid. The thoughts start off as small but become bigger, causing a larger impact. Sometimes they can become deadly." He shifts closer to me. "What would you do in the circumstance?"

I frown, absorbing the previous words that he spoke. "I would stay here. With you. All I want is more time."

The breeze carries the words in my mouth and they slip by with ease. It's light and warm as it brushes against the peach fuzz on my arms that are tan due to the hours we'd lay out in the sun. It moves the hair from my face as if mother nature blew on me to make the stands part. I like to think of it that way.

"Well, I don't see any fallen stars out here. We have all the time in the world together. I won't ever leave you. I promise." His words bring a smile to my face as his arm slides around my shoulders, cushioning my head from the ground.

"My mother used to tell me her theory about how stars were made. Would you like to hear it?" He asks, pulling me closer to share his warmth.

I nod. "Oh, yes! I'd love to."

"She said that they were gifts from the gods to bless the dark night with light. Not so much as the sun but smaller to only appreciate the day more and cherish the warmth. When I was younger I was astounded by the stars, I studied them for hours on end. I know each constellation like the back of my hand. I wanted a star of my own." He pauses and chuckles to himself.

"What?" I question him. He looks over at me and a small grin spreads across his face.

"It was merely a dream I wished for on birthdays and prayed for every night. Never in my whole life did I think it would ever come true. But here I am now with my star." He keeps eye contact as I look around expecting a glowing orb to appear like magic. But nothing happens. The moon continues to shine, the breeze still blows and the area around us remains still.

"Huh?" I tilt my head slightly.

"You're my star, silly." He shakes his head. "You're something I was blessed with, your kindness, empathy, and love. I was given all of it. You're a gift from above. You're my star." 

--------

Have a great day/night!!

I made mac and cheese :D

SLEEP OR NO MAC AND CHEESE FOR YOU