feelings

[AN: I came up with the idea when I saw this picture. It's a bit of an AU. I used a random name for the MP man.]

⚠️SPOILERS⚠️
For anyone who hasn't finished Season 1. Please read at your own risk.

Ship: Annie Leonhart × Mikasa Ackerman.

Annie sat on her bed staring at the wall. She refused to give them answers even if she knew her time was certainly limited.

"I thought you were one of us." A fellow MP stared at the girl who still hasn't spoken after her capture.

"Aren't you going to say anything? Explain yourself?" John had grown to like the blonde.

But then again there was something about the blonde that just pulled people in. A certain raven haired girl knew this very well.

"I have nothing to say to you." Her words weren't nearly as cold as the eyes that stared the man down. "Then who will you say something to?" The MP had taken guard because he wanted to help the blonde.

"Tell me who you'll talk to?" He stood closer to the bars she was locked behind. "Let me help you." He could see that his words had caught her attention.

"Why?" Annie had learned early on that most people expected something in return. "Because you helped me." The blonde turned her head to look at the man.

"Wh - when?"

"That night you asked me to patrol with you."

"I needed a partner to patrol with." She shrugged.

"You had eight other people to choose from. My room was at the end of the hall."

"Everyone else had a day off." Annie didn't know why she felt the need to ask John for help but she did. "Me too." He gestured knowing Annie knew this.

"Well, it's only because you don't talk as much as the rest." The blonde returned her gaze to the wall. "Whatever your reason was..." He trailed off looking at the ground.

"You saved my life." Her eyes widened for a moment before she looked at the man. "What?"

"I was going to take my life. I had lost everything in a span of two days."

"My brother in the Garrison Regiment got shot by a homeless man and my sister in the Scout Regiment got eaten by a titan. I have nothing left." John rubbed the back of his neck.

"I didn't see a reason to go on. I begged for a sign that told me I needed to be alive and for an hourlong I sat with the loaded gun." His eyes met hers.

"As I moved my finger to the trigger you knocked and asked my help." The blonde didn't say anything, she didn't know what she could say.

"Please let me save yours." He said and she sighed. "I don't know if you can." Annie knew she had committed unforgivable treason and killed many, no one would forgive her.

"Let me try." He begged. She fell silent looking down at her hands to play with her ring but she remembered that they had confiscated it from her when they knocked her unconscious.

-Annie's Flashback-

"I didn't think you'd actually offer to teach me," Mikasa said as they stood on the training grounds they had fought until commander Shadis separated them.

After their fight, Annie couldn't stop thinking about how well Mikasa fought despite her bad techniques. The blonde wanted to tell the girl that her form was bad and she'd like to help.

But instead, she and Mikasa insulted each others fighting styles before somehow coming to an agreement of Annie teaching Mikasa what she knew and Mikasa teaching Annie what she knew.