just... please

[AN: because who doesn't like fluff after some angst? So yeah...]

As the youngest Ackerman barely landed on the floor as her gas tank ran empty causing her to fall.

"Annie!" She jumped onto her feet looking around calling for her wife. "Carla!" She called out to her daughter.

Looking around she realised just how ruined their village was. "Annie? Carla?" The rubble and dust blocked her vision.

"Babe please?" She walked careful but impatient as she waved at the dust. "Baby?" When she bumped her toe she scoffed.

Mikasa wanted to lift the rubble and throw it aside but she feared she'd hurt her family by moving the rubble.

A cough caught her attention. "Annie?" Turning to her left she noticed a blood trail. Running in the direction she saw her family of two.

Mikasa stared at the unconscious blonde. Her body lay numb on the blood-stained concrete. Her little girl lay on top of the blonde who even in her weak unconscious state clung to their daughter.

"Annie?" Dropping to her knees she picked their daughter up and laid her on the ground.

"Carla? Baby?" Stroking her cheek Mikasa searched for a pulse the way her daughter laid limp and lifeless made her feel sick.

"Baby wake up, please?" She had seen many of her comrades and friends die but it never made her feel this sick and hopeless. "Please wake up." She begged her heart breaking when she felt the weak pulse.

"Annie tell her to wake up." Acting fast the woman applied pressure on her daughter's abdomen where the blood was seeping through.

"Mikasa?" Looking up she saw her cousin and wife's best friend drenched in blood, sweat and tears. "Help me." She begged and they nodded falling to their knees next to her working on stopping the bleeding.

"She's an Ackerman she'll be fine." Levi's voice cracked as his hands soaked in his little niece's blood. "Yeah." Reiner didn't sound very convincing.

"Annie?" Grey eyes lifted from her six-year-old up to her wife, trusting her family would do everything in their power to save her baby girl. "Babe?" The metal pole that stuck through the blonde made her gasp.

"Annie?" Moving she cupped the blonde's cheek. "Annie wake up." Her words were weak but her tone strong and demanding.

"Annie!" Raising her voice she pulled the blonde from her unconscious state. "Mika..." She barely whispered as Mikasa wiped the blood off her face.

"Annie please hold on." She begged. "I can't." Annie groaned feeling the pain in her body.

"What? Why?" Mikasa shook her head.

"Carla?" Annie tried moving realising her daughter wasn't in her arms. "She's here," Mikasa assured holding the blonde in place.

"Annie please, heal yourself." Her tears were falling but she didn't care. "I can't." Annie looked at Mikasa reaching up to cup her cheek.

"No, you can." The taller woman shook her head.

"To heal myself..." Annie's voice faltered. "I need to shift." Mikasa felt her heart drop into her stomach.

She knew this meant Annie was using her strength to not shift instead of healing. She knew if Annie shifted she'd burn them all to a crisp and cause more damage and she could hurt more people.