F I F T E E N

The next morning I woke up with the feeling of two very strong arms around my waist. I look up and I see Max softly snoring beside me while holding me as close as he could. His head was laying on my shoulder in the crook of my neck and he had one of his legs draped over mine. I was practically laying on top of him, but I didn't mind it to be honest. 

We stayed like that for a few more minutes until I felt him moving next, or do I have to say under, me. I got on my side and softly smiled at him. He removed his arms from my waist and wrapped them around my shoulders before pressing me very close to him. 

"Good morning Joy, how did you sleep?" he whispered in my ear. "I slept great, what about you?" I asked him. "I never slept as great as I did tonight" he said while smiling warmly. "I have to ask you something by the way." he said, and the vibe got a bit awkward. "Oh yeah sure, what's up?" I asked, trying not to freak out about what he was going to say. 

"Did you mean what you said yesterday before we went to sleep?" he said anxiously. To be honest, I didn't really remember if I said something special to him. I told him that I love him, but I didn't expect him to be talking about that because I thought he already knew that. "That I love you?" I asked, slightly unsure if that was what he was talking about. "Yes. Did yo- do you mean that?" he asked, and at this point he was as red as Charles Leclerc's Ferrari. "I meant that Max." I said and he got even more red. 

And then came the moment I just said "fuck it". I closed the gap between our lips and gave him a soft but passionate kiss. He immediately returned it and cupped my face with his hands. 

"Ahum. Sorry to break up this beautiful moment but do you guys need something from the store?" my mom said and we both jumped away. "Mom please c'mon why do you always walk in at the wrong moment?" I asked her before Max and I told her what we wanted for breakfast. She walked away before she turned around and said "I knew it. You guys are made for each other". Max and I looked at each other like two teenagers who just told each other that they like each other. 

"Well that was awkward" I said to break the awkward silence between us. "Yeah it was. But eh, do you think she's right? Are we made for each other?" he asked. "I think so" I answered. 

"Well then, I'll ask you another thing but you have to be honest." he said. Was he going to...?

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked and I smiled. I nodded and I flung my arms around his neck while he kissed my forehead. 

"Thank you Joy."

"Thank you for what?"

"For loving me."