Litigiosus

𝕿here

𝕿here. It looked perfect. Professional and vague so it couldn't be held over me in court and stern enough to send a message. As I sat back in the seat, I shut my eyes and went over the words I'd committed to memory over the past three hours, making sure they sounded as clear and concise as they did on the email.

I had thought about his offer and as tempting as it sounded, it wasn't enough. Taimoor was a beast I could not afford to handle. He was a wild card. Someone out of my world. Besides, his motives were extremely suspicious and he was shrouded in mystery. I was under no false assumptions. I knew he didn't want me for me. He didn't want me for my body. He wanted me to control my father, which meant that he would threaten me to control him. And I could not live with a man who decided to mentally torture my family at any given moment. With Ghazanfar, I knew what to expect. I knew what he expected of me and I could play the part. I could tolerate his clinginess and his ego. I could do that for my parents. And he would take care of me. He would love me in his own twisted way.

I finally forced myself to sit at my desk and do some work, it was eleven o'clock and a new email from Taimoor was at the top of my inbox.

SUBJECT: Your Refusal.

I don't think so.

Taimoor Ali Haider Mughal
CEO, Mughal Co.

The audacity of this man.

SUBJECT: MY REFUSAL!!!

It's not up to you.

Daania Mansoor Khan

He didn't bother to send me a reply. My phone just lit up with a call from an unknown number. Typical.

"You're being unreasonable," the deep, stern timbre of his voice made it impossible to ignore the clenching of my stomach muscles.

"On the contrary, I'm being completely reasonable."

"Name the amount."

"I'm sorry?"

"You will be. Name the amount."

"Are you insane?" rage and loathing spread through me like wildfire, incinerating all things like composure and rationality."I'm not a thing you can hire. Not some girl you can pick up off the street. You've already played with my self-respect once, why do you insist on doing that again and again? What is even wrong with you? Haven't you had enough?"

"Ms. Mansoor-"

"No, I've had it with you. You couldn't even give me the decency of refusing this. Why are you so hell-bent on marrying me?"

"You're a smart girl, I'm sure you've figured out the why," he said curtly. I didn't bother with a reply. "I knew it. I'm not buying you Ms. Mansoor, I'm giving you assurance. This is a partnership. I will never force you into this agreement."