chapter eight

꧁ꕥ꧂

꧁ꕥ꧂

The sound of the car door clicking in front of Minyeon echoed through the neighborhood. She wasted no time gripping her car door handle, pulling it open as she slid into the front seat.

Her body immediately began heating up quickly- the burning seats and etcetera in the car nearly boiling under the hot summer sun shining brightly in the sky.

The AC finally kicked on as she started the car, the hot air quickly leaving through the open windows as it was pushed further away by the cool air.

Soft music filled the air as she drove over to Renjun's house, humming along to the music quietly while tapping her finger against the steering wheel to follow along with the beats.

It was sunny and warm today. A bit too warm for her liking honestly but she didn't have anyone to complain to so she kept quiet, trying her best to ignore the rising temperature and light beams shining in her eyes.

"Oh lilac, the day under the petals canopy good bye"

Minyeon's smile widened listening to the familiar idols' voice finally begin to close out the song, echoing for the last few seconds before the radio hosts began speaking again.

"And that was Lilac by the one and only idol, IU. Released just recently, the song had already become a top hit for many and can be found in everyone's music libraries."

"Next up we're gonna play a throwback. I remember when I was younger, this song would play whenever I went to pick up my little brother from soccer practice so there's a lot of nostalgia behind this song for me. This is When Will I See You Again by Shakka."

Minyeon's smile dropped as the radio host's voice cut off, the song beginning to play and fill up her entire car.

Memories of the past began to floor back- everything coming in from left and right as her vision replayed each scene of her life.

It was Jisung's twelfth birthday. As a request, he wanted When Will I See You Again to play after he finished opening his birthday presents.

"We play this song too much," Jaemin complained, watching the younger boy take a seat between him and Jeno.

"We play it so much because it never gets old," Donghyuck rolled his eyes playfully, tossing one of the bouncy balls from a set Jisung had just opened over to Jaemin.

Jaemin flinched slightly, just barely catching it before it could begin bouncing away. "Maybe for you two," he continued, pointing at Minyeon and Donghyuck, "but personally, I'm a bit tired of hearing it."

"Will you be quiet? Jisung picked it out for us to listen to. Don't be mean on his birthday," Renjun scolded him, lightly smacking his shoulder.

Jaemin stopped himself before he could roll his eyes, his smile once again returning as he looked over at Jisung and Jeno already beginning to set up the twelve-year-old's new tablet. "I want to see!"

The memory of Jisungs birthday party from years ago began to fade as a new one started to cloud her eyes.

"Seriously?" Jaemin groaned.

Minyeon smiled from beside him, hitting him with her shoulder. They were only fifteen but Jaemin was already beginning to outgrow her in height standards- she wasn't a fan of it but she would never tell him she was jealous of his height.

"It's my birthday too," the shorter girl reminded him. "You got to pick the last song and mom said I could pick this time so get over it."

"But you always play this song!"

The two heard a few snickers and turned their heads over to a group of four beginning to walk over towards them.

"Are you really still complaining about this song?" Jeno laughed, taking a seat next to Jaemin. "It seriously does not deserve the hate you always give it."

"It doesn't," Jaemin agreed. "But it does deserve to be called out for being overplayed amongst this friend group."

Donghyuck laughed, not even bothering to rebuttal against Jaemin- instead, pulling Minyeon away to show her the present he had gotten her.

"Woah, what's that?" Minyeon gawked, looking down at the engraved piece of jewelry sitting in the white box.

Donghyuck smiled widely, proud of his choice of present. "It's a bracelet just like the one you got me for my birthday this year! I got it as a bracelet instead of a necklace 'cause I know you don't like necklaces. But look, it even says Minnie on it just like the way you put my nickname on mine," he pointed out, pulling his necklace out from under his shirt.

Minyeon smiled brightly recognizing the jewelry she had gotten him. Donghyuck wasted no time pulling out the bracelet and connecting it to her wrist, excited to have the matching set.

"Now we have both. Minnie and—"

The sound of a horn honking pulled Minyeon out of her daze. She didn't have much time to react as she saw a bright red car speeding towards her from the right.

° A N T I - R O M A N T I C °

finally got the chance to update omg

y'all have no idea how much i've wanted to update i just haven't had the time because of school and stuff. i'm really gonna have to work on coming up with a schedule for all of my social media and stuff.

idk of y'all follow my simpldreamies acc on insta (but u should, along w my personal @roughlymaria 😉) but i used to do "daily dreams" which is where i would post an edit of one of the dream members but i had to stop because i just don't have the time to find/make any 😕

hopefully this will all work itself out eventually but at the moment, i'm not a big fan of this whole school-taking-up-all-day-of-every-day situation

i'll update y'all on if anything else changes but for the moment i don't think we have anything to worry abt. i'll eventually find the time to write some more again :)