chapter fifteen

꧁ꕥ꧂

꧁ꕥ꧂

A week passed with no massages exchanged between Donghyuck and his old friends. Mark and Chenle hadn't been contacted either.

Donghyuck knew that the incident would affect him now more than the parting when he was only a teenager.

Back then, they were close friends and yes, he thought about them every day but at the time, his passion for music and singing made it easier to distract himself.

Now, he had grown. He had experienced a life without the five people he would have called his soulmates only years ago.

His passion for music and singing hasn't disappeared. It hadn't even shrunk since he was sixteen. If anything, it had grown.

But what had changed was his view on friendships. Especially his own friendship with a certain group of people.

No matter how many years he spent traveling and making friends with people wherever he went, he could never find anyone like them.

He was never going to find anyone like them because there was never going to be anyone like them in existence.

Since they had been back together, he had gotten to reconnect with each of them and rebuild their friendships.

All that time and new memories only for him to up and leave just like he did in the past. He didn't even have the decency to tell them either.

Donghyuck sighed, putting his cup of coffee down on the table and shaking his head. "It's just a messy situation."

Sein sat down her coffee from across the table, an eyebrow raised as she leaned against her knuckle, her arm propped on the table. "Your friends just sound like a bunch of babies."

Donghyuck looked up at her, his eyebrows drawn down together. "I'm sorry?"

Sein removed her arm from the table, instead opting to slouch in her chair. She shrugged, "sounds like they're all dramatic. You left for a meeting, boo-hoo. It's not that serious."

Donghyuck shook his head, "yeah, it actually is that serious."

Sein let out an amused scoff of a laugh, "how in the world is this an actual serious problem, Haechan?"

"Because! We hadn't spoken in like six years because I didn't try reaching out enough and was too focused here. They all tried contacting me for years but couldn't because I deleted all of my socials, got a new number, and everything. And then I pop into their lives again and we actually get close again only for me to leave just like I did a few years ago?"

Sein had a poker face for three seconds before she leaned upward, laughing. "I'm sorry, I really am," she laughed, "but I cannot take you seriously. It still seems like you're all just being dramatic about the whole situation."

Donghyuck scoffed. He shook his head and stood up, grabbing his backpack and putting the straps on. "You know what? I actually have to go."

Sein rolled her eyes, unfazed by his sudden urge to leave. "What a baby."

"Have you heard anything from them yet?" was the first question Donghyuck got as soon as he walked into his shared apartment with Mark and Chenle.

He threw his backpack onto the couch and walked into the kitchen, grabbing himself a drink before he made himself comfortable on the couch. "I already told you, Chenle. If I get anything from them, I will tell you as soon as possible."

Chenle sulked, walking over to the couch and dropping sadly onto the cushion beside his older friend. "I miss hanging out with them."

Donghyuck looked at him pitifully. Donghyuck was the most upset over the entire thing but Chenle was definitely a close second. He knew Chenle had been focused on music since he was younger and didn't get to make many friends because he had always been caught up with school and music.

The group had probably been one of the first real friendships that Chenle had actually gotten to experience in his life. But now it was over and neither of them could contact them.

Donghyuck sighed, "me too."

The two looked up at the sound of the door opening. Mark walked inside with slumped shoulders and turned towards the second couch.

He threw his backpack down on the floor beside the leg and let his entire body fall onto the couch, taking up all the space offered.

"I'm so tired," he said, closing his eyes to rub his face roughly. "I need a break again."

Chenle shook his head, "agreed. We're supposed to be taking time off right now but instead, we're here. I just want to go do something fun."

"There isn't anything fun to do here without getting mobbed in the process," Donghyuck complained, throwing his head back against the couch.

"Exactly," Mark groaned, turning over onto his stomach. His head was straight and lined up with his body, stuffed into the couch cushion.

"How are you breathing?" Donghyuck asked, noticing the uncomfortable position.

"I barely am," Mark answered, his words just barely audible after being muffled.

There were a few moments of silence before Donghyuck shook his head and stood up, drawing attention from both of his friends.

He paced around the room for a second before he promptly clapped his hands and stood in the middle of the room, Mark and Chenle still waiting for his next move.

"I think that we should go back."

° A N T I - R O M A N T I C °

y'all i am so sorry i forgot to update last week. it's seriously been such a busy week and i've just been all over the place trying to get my life together but i have some good news!

so part of the reason i've been so busy recently is because i've been looking for a job. luckily i found one and i just had an interview the other day so now i'm just waiting for a response! hopefully i get it cause i desperately need some money rn

and another reason i've been super busy is because i've been preparing for my baby project!

at my school, my baby project is only over one weekend and it's a solo project. but yeah, i got my baby and her name is penelope.

my sister and friend made fun of me for giving her such a basic white name 😭😭😭 but she's named after penelope garcia from criminal minds so i don't care what they have to say ✋🏽

anyways. i do not recommend this project. it has been so stressful and i literally have no time to myself. almost every time i have to go to the bathroom, she starts crying and usually wants to be fed.

this wouldn't be that big of a deal if i could get help from my family but the babies come with a censor thing that connects to a bracelet that we have to wear. and the only way to get the bracelet off is cut it so i can't do that. basically whenever the baby starts crying, i have the swipe the censor over it's butt so that it knows that i'm trying to help the baby.

for the babies my school gave us, they have to be fed, burped, rocked, held, and u have to change the diaper.

there's no way to tell what the baby needs so every time it starts crying, it's just a big guessing game of what it wants and u have to just try everything until it finally starts to calm down.

y'all do not understand how annoying it is tho. like feeding can take up to thirty minutes at a time and rocking it can take up to 20 minutes at a time. and it's never exact so u just have to keep feeding or rocking it until it eventually stops crying.

but yeah that's it. i don't have any updates on any guys 😭 anyways hope y'all enjoyed the chapter and i'll talk to y'all soon <3