Author's note

We begin our story 33 years ago, when smartphones were not a 'thing', when the old-time telephone is the only way to communicate without physical touch, when television was black and white and the music hugely consisted of trumpets and other gay instruments with a touch of sad lilting melodies somewhere in the background, when grandfathers were 26 and handsome.

(in case the present generation wishes to inquire with their manipulated minds, gay means happy)

We begin the old fashioned way,

once upon a time,

just to turn the story into a fairy tale, with beautiful brides and prince charming (s) growing on trees everywhere and money something to spend on actual houses and well-manicured lawns and dinner parties and gowns that had ribbons flying out if it everywhere.

But our story is not of the rich but of two mediocre unknown people, not a Dutch or duchess nor a king but one of the populace.

One of the populace from among those who have a heart to truly love.

You may be imagining crowded streets and an execution about to take place with someone refuting it, but this is a love story and for those of you who cannot take a normal love story and want to be awed by non-existent rich, handsome and rude and nice Mafia bosses, you may leave.

(I do not intend to be insulting or rude for rich and nice Mafia bosses are the new 'thing' after all.)

When I wrote this story, I imagined the colour of the place to be yellow-ish because that is how olden days are portrayed in the movies. I hope I can bring the feel and not just have you read this book blankly. I hope it will be interesting and a memorable read.

Constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated. However, no hate is tolerated.

This story is copyrighted and the only account in the entire globe who owns it is myself in this account exclusively in Wattpad. If you see this story elsewhere, please tag me there or message me personally @writers2680.

(It is probably too soon to say this as I'm just starting out but you can never be too careful.)

This idea, if similar to any other story, must be known that it came as a sudden inspiration while day-dreaming (which I tend to do a lot), and it is NOT a copy or stolen idea from any other story (though some of the lilting melodies at the back of my head that inspired me may have been from The Titanic - yes, that darn story which makes me cry).

There will be no fights and violence and extremities – this is, I repeat, a NORMAL story. Not every story has to contain some sort of dead person or visit to the graveyard, though there may be some misfortune to shape up this work of art.

Please do not get confused. Some chapters may not have any relation between them as that is what I intend to do. You will be able to piece the puzzle together in your head if you are clever enough before the end of the story. Or just wait till the end. *wink*

Finally,

I LOVE YOU ALL