Chapter Thirty One

The toilet and I had become great acquaintances over the past week, and it was no different that morning. Another wave of nausea retched up every last drop of my breakfast.

My hands painfully gripped the edge of the pastel blue toilet bowl as I hunched over it, ridding the contents of my stomach for the second time that miserable morning. A thin layer of sweat coated my brow and upper lip. Every day for the past seven days I had to endure this harrowing ritual. Whatever illness was plaguing me, it was making day to day life increasingly difficult.

Tomura had insisted for me to see a doctor, another one of Giran's many associates but I kept brushing it off. Giving the excuse that it was simply a seasonal virus doing the rounds—even if I was the only one to be suffering from it. There was no reason for him to worry.

Flushing away the gross evidence, I lifted myself with a tremble in my hands and wobbled over to the sink. My skin was a pasty complexion, the usual rosy tint that warmed my naturally snowy flesh was nowhere to be seen. Whatever illness was torturing me had better be gone soon, I didn't know how much more I could take. I couldn't be sick, the others were relying on me.

Since Kurogiri's capture, things went into turmoil. Tomura's spirits were dampened. His closest associate, a vital component of the League was gone. It had been roughly six weeks since he was captured and incarcerated within the impenetrable walls of the villain prison, Tartarus. During his mission to locate the so-called 'great power' left behind by Tomura's master, the heroes were able to intercept him and take him down by force.

Then there was the quirk erasing bullets. The ones Tomura had acquired from Kai were a slight glimmer of hope, initially. If we could find a way to mass-produce them then we would finally have something over the heroes. However, Jin was unable to replicate them like we had hoped, the lack of knowledge on their contents made it impossible for his quirk, Double, to make them last. The only person that would have any luck in duplicating them would be the Doctor that Tomura had spoken of frequently. He believed that this man would be able to unlock their secrets. The problem was that the league were nowhere closer to finding the whereabouts of Doctor Ujiko.

And, to top it all off, the funds of our little organisation were beginning to dry up. Resulting in us turning to petty crimes such as small scale theft to afford food and other essentials. Out of everyone, I was the one with the most experience and for each excursion I would always be the one to bring back the biggest haul. I was the League's main form of income. They were counting on me and this illness was becoming quite the hindrance.

I rinsed the horrid bitter taste of bile from my mouth, ensuring that every inch of my mouth was scrubbed spotless. Washing the sticky residue of perspiration from my face with ice-cold water. I took one last look at my reflection, grimacing at how horrific I looked and dragged myself back towards the door to the bedroom.

Muffled voices and loud gunfire noises rung out from the other side of the door. Iguchi and Tomura had spent the majority of the morning cooped up, fixated on a game they recently downloaded—illegally. The two had bonded over their love of video games in the past few months. After finding out that Chi was an avid gamer too it only took a bit of convincing to get Tomura to agree on allowing Iguchi to join him. Before meeting me, Tomura had spent far too much time in solitude so seeing him form a genuine friendship was wholesome.

Chi was slouched on the floor to the foot of the bed, controller in hand, wearing a casual attire of a white tank top that accentuated his burly chest and a pair of black lounge pants. Frizzy lavender hair swept messily back. Tomura perched hunched over on the end of the bed, feet tucked under his legs. A black top, as usual, sleeves rolled up to his elbows while he clutched onto the controller, focusing greatly on the game in front.