Festival

Three Pillars, the Flame, Sound, and Serpent Pillar all walked into the Ubuyashiki Estate, all of them nervous at their specific summons.

They all waited on the Engawa, outside the door into the Estate, waiting to be allowed in, the moon shining down on them.

"Come on." A gentle voice called, them walking in quietly and swiftly.

They all sat down in front of (Y/n), his omnipresent smile calming them. Kagaya was sitting next to him, holding the Leaders hand.

"Welcome my children." He greeted gently, all of them bowing their heads in admiration. "You must be wondering why I have called you all here."

They all waited, expecting a major mission, though he chuckled at their tense postures.

"Calm my children, it is nothing bad." He assured, all of them visibly relaxing at their leaders words. "I just have a request."

"Of course Oyakata-sama, we'll be happy to comply." Uzui spoke for them, though the other two agreed.

"Since Demons have been more lax recently, I was wondering if you could take me to a festival." (Y/n)'s white eyes somehow got lit up at the thought of being out of his home.

"Are you sure Oyakata-sama? It could be risky." Rengoku voiced his opinion, not wanting to see (Y/n) hurt or possibly even dead.

(Y/n) nodded, "Though you don't have to agree, if you have more important things to do, please do them." (Y/n) smiled calmly, Kagaya gently holding his hand still.

"We'd be more than happy to Oyakata-sama." Obanai spoke, getting up, along with the other two.

(Y/n) smiled and chuckled lightly, the sound entrancing to the others in the room.

"I'm glad, I must do a few things before we set off." Kagaya helped (Y/n) get up, "Please feel free to make yourselves at home." He smiled, before walking out of the room with Kagaya.

Timeskip

The Pillars had busied themselves with looking around the Estate, coming across a few interesting art work pieces and an old katana hanging on the wall.

"Who's katana is this?" Uzui looked at it closely, the sheath taken care of, showing almost no sign of being used.

"I'm not sure, though it's very nice!" Rengoku smiled brightly.

Obanai nodded, not voicing his opinion.

"What are you all doing here?" A voice asked, quite.

They all turned and saw Kagaya, oddly enough not glued to (Y/n)'s hip like usual.

"Kagaya-sama." They all bowed their heads,

"We were just looking around." Obanai answered honestly.

Kagaya nodded, a smile spreading on his face, "Follow me and I'll bring you to the exit. (Y/n) is ready." He turned and waved for them to follow him.

They did just that, reaching the Engawa, (Y/n) wearing an expensive Yukata and a new haori over it.

(Y/n) turned his head, the same smile on his face.

"Are you all ready?" He asked, the Pillars basking in his presence.

"Of course Oyakata-sama, whenever you're ready." Uzui walked forward, gently grabbing (Y/n)'s frail hand, standing on his left side.

"Let's go."

Timeskip

Now this was an odd sight, or at least an uncommon one.

One frail looking man, surrounded by three others with katanas.

A serious look on the three surrounding the one on the middle, observing everyone in the crowd, not allowing anyone to get close to the male in the middle.

"Back up." The one with bandages on his mouth hissed to the female ogling at (Y/n).

They had to pass through the Red Light District to get to the festival in the next town over.

"Please, take my son..." a voice whispered, though (Y/n)'s ears caught it.

(Y/n) stopped walking, looking to the right, despite not seeing anything, he could tell something was wrong.

"Uzui..." (Y/n) caught the males attention easily, "What's in that alley?"

Uzui listened and heard the crying of a toddler and the sound of blood rushing.

"I will flamboyantly check it out!" Uzui reached for his weapon, along with Obanai running into the ally. The Flame Pillar staying glued to (Y/n)'s side, hand on his katana.

"Excuse me sir." Another voice from (Y/n)'s left side called, (Y/n)'s foggy eyes looking towards her.

She observed (Y/n)'s appearance, the bodyguards, and the expensive yukata and haori.

"He must be important and rich!" The prostitute summed up.

"Can I provide any assistance?" She tried to put on a seductive face and voice.

Rengoku was about to step in before (Y/n) spoke up.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I'm currently out with my significant other, I'll have to ask you to not hit on me." (Y/n) grabbed onto Rengoku's arm, Rengoku freezing at the touch.

The prostitue's jaw almost dropped, though forced herself to nod, "I'm sorry, I'll go." She walked away embarrassed.

(Y/n) gently let go of Rengoku's arm, "I'm sorry Rengoku-San, I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable." (Y/n) looked forward, Rengoku's face breaking into a bright smile.

"Of course not Oyakata-sama!" He said happily, feeling a warm feeling in his stomach.

"Oyakata-sama." Uzui's voice sounded from the alleyway, "Please come here."

Rengoku seemed suspicious and made sure to look around them as they walked into the alleyway.

The sound of a child crying became more prominent, making (Y/n) worried.

Once they'd reached Uzui, "What's going on?" (Y/n) asked.

"This child is crying, his mother died from bleeding out." Obanai answered before Uzui.

(Y/n) outstretched his hand, trying to find the child.

A small hand grasped (Y/n)'s, which (Y/n) realized to be Obanai's.

Obanai gently lead (Y/n)'s hand to where the child was, (Y/n) petting the child's head.

"Hello child." (Y/n) greeted, his voice soothing the child. The Pillars left, but stayed close enough to hear everything, to patrol and make sure no demons were around.

The child sniffled and furiously wiped his eyes, "M-mr! Please save my mom!" He tried to wake up his mom.

(Y/n) smiled melancholy, "I'm sorry, but that's not possible." He admitted, the child crying harder. (Y/n) bent down, and grabbed the child's hand with utmost care. "What's your name?" He asked softly.

The child whimpered, "K-Kiriya...my mom was Amane." He looked at his mother's form.

"My condolences for your mother Kiriya." (Y/n) said, though got an idea. "Do you have anywhere to go Kiriya?"

"No...my mom was kicked out by her family after she got pregnant with me." He sniffled.

(Y/n) smiled, "Would you like to come live with me?" He asked, gently standing up, pulling the child up with him.

Kiriya took a moment to consider it, this man didn't seem to have a bad bone in his body, no bad intent behind his eyes.

"Okay..."