r e a l l i f e (3)

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

-

"Why didn't you tell me you were playing Kaz Brekker?!"

Aspen paced around her kitchen, her phone placed on her counter top as it leaned against her vase of flowers. She was on FaceTime with her best friend, Freddy Carter.

They had gone to Oxford together and ended up being out in the same dorm room, the school not being able to move them to different rooms until three weeks in. And at that point neither of them wanted to move as they had become such good friends in that period of time.

"Well, you didn't tell me that you were playing Seraphine either." He said even though he had a large smile on his face at how ridiculous she was being.

This was like it was in college. She would be dramatic about something, yet always so happy about everything. It didn't matter what she was doing. She could fall on her ass and she would still be the first one laughing at herself. Maybe that was why people warmed up to her so quickly, because of how comfortable she was with herself and carefree yet happy about the world going on around her.

He probably wouldn't be who he was and done what he had if it weren't for her. At Oxford, if she hadn't been there, he most likely would have been locked up in his room instead of going out and having adventures with Aspen. She pushed him into being a better version of himself that he didn't know he could be.

When he wanted to make his own short film, Aspen was the first person to encourage him and help along the way. When he started in photography, he would ask her to be his model and she would always agree happily, wanting to lead a hand anyway she could.

"Well, I didn't know until a few days ago so...you kept it a secret from me a lot longer than I did you!" Her argument was terrible but it was enough to cause her to smile at him sheepishly through the phone.

"Alright, I relent. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about my part sooner. It was wrong of me and I shouldn't have done that. I think I had this idea in my head that you would show up on rest to meet the rest of the cast for the first time and be surprised when you saw me." Freddy explained.

Aspen pouted as she thought about it for a second before saying, "Okay, I accept your apology."

"Thank you." He said with a cheeky smile at her childishness.

"So, whatcha doin?" She leaned against the counter as she sing-songed those words.

"Nothing. Just wondering why you were casted last."

"Well, I'm sure that there were a ton of people that auditioned for her. She is the main character of the show," A smile had permanently made it's way on Aspen face anytime she talked about how she was starring as the main character in a TV series, "Have you talked to any of our cast mates?"

"Only through text. We are going to be meeting face to face the first time on set." He said.

"Oh good. I didn't want to be the only one who hadn't met anyone." Just as she said that, the door bell rang to her apartment. Aspen's eyebrows furrowed as she wasn't excepting anybody. She looked at her phone and told him, "I'll be right back."

He only nodded as she rounded around the corner of her kitchen to the wide hallway that lead to the front door. Aspen opened the door and saw Xhosa standing right there, a large smile on her face and a bottle of champagne in one hand.

"Surprise! Congrats, peaches!" The two hugged each other tightly before the homeowner followed her friend to the kitchen.

"I'm on a call with Freddy by the way." Aspen told her, pointing to the phone on the counter.

"Hi Freddy~" Xhosa sing-songed to him, turning around to grab two glasses for their drinks.

"Hi, Xhosa~" He mimicked back, smiling and waved at the woman through the phone.

The dark haired woman poured the two of them a glass each. They went to clink glasses when Freddy stopped them by saying, "Wait, wait, wait, wait!"

He rushed down of the room of a second before returning to his desk with a glass of champagne, looking very proud. Xhosa looked confused with her eyebrows pulled together that he just had champagne in his house while Aspen returned his smile with a small laugh at his pride in his drink.

"It's just sparkling apple juice." The man shrugged.

"Alright. A toast. To all of us being sexy 19th century characters together." Xhosa said with a smile smirk as the two others chuckled quietly as this.

"Cheers!"

-