r e a l l i f e (8)

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

-
October 14, 2019
4:56 am

Aspen sped her room looking for everything that she would need for the plane ride. Because of her OCD, Xhosa always had to have bags packed at least two weeks before the day when they went to the airport. Which included anyone she was traveling with. A.k.a Aspen.

So she was already done with that. Five months worth of clothes and things she would need stuffed into three bags. How her friend managed to do that amazed but she didn't complain. Right now she had to worry about packing her on the plane bag.

It was a 10 hour and 40-something minute flight so she wasn't sure what she would need to bring on the plane in her seat. She had like to the essential stuff, chapstick, portable charger, some money, headphones, two melatonin gummies as she really didn't like being awake for red eye flights, face mist cause the air is super dry, neck pillow and some earplugs.

Maybe that seemed like a lot to anyone else but this was barely anything to her.

Some of the cast, from what she had been told through the group chat, had flown out to Hungary already yesterday, while others had a earlier flight, including Xhosa.

She had had a thing with her dads that she had to go to so she had a later flight than Aspen. The curly haired woman had offered to stay with her and take the same flight her so she wasn't alone but her friend say it was fine and told her to just go.

Had Aspen picked up a small obsessive habit of writing down a loose schedule of everything that would be happening? Yes, yes she had.

5:15 am : Say goodbye to Mom
6:00 am : Travel to the airport
7:30 am : Get on the plane
2:00 pm : Lay over in Heathrow, London
5:00 pm : Land in Budapest, Hungary
5:30 pm : Go to baggage claim and find Freddy.
6:00 pm : Get Ziggy from airport pick up
6:15 pm : Find the rest of the cast
9:30 pm : Check into the hotel the show set up for them

She calmed down for a minute, staring at her packed bags as the entire realization that this was actually happening.

'Holy shit...'

She let out a small squeal before jumping up and down a few times.

***

Gathering her things near the front door, Aspen walked over to the living room closet and pulled out Ziggy's carrying case before walking over to him. The grey and white spotted puppy, the fur on his face light brown, was lounging around the kitchen, liking the cold tile floor compared to the carpet living room.

He was normally very energetic during the day but right now was way too early for his little puppy brain to function. She was glad that he liked it here. Aspen had gotten him when he was only a few weeks old but had to keep him at her mothers for the first few months of his life so that she could puppy proof the house and her job kept her away from home.

"Morning, baba." She bent down to pet the pup, whose tail whipped against the ground quickly as he got excited. He rolled over onto his stomach for belly rubs. Aspen gave them to him before picking him up so he was standing on his paws and leading him into the portable container (cage?).

He didn't love it but he would have to stay in there for a bit then she would let him stretch his legs when they got to Mom's but then back in for the plane ride.

"It's okay, baba. We are going on a trip, aren't we? Yeah, we are." She baby-talked to him while he was corralled into his carrier, not excitedly by any means but he was used to it by now so his tail still wagged.

"Alright. Time to say goodbye to Mom now." She said mostly to herself before blowing out her candles.

Aspen pulled out all of her suitcases out into the hallway before starting to lock up her front door.

"Hi, Aspen." The familiar voice of her next door neighbor spoke from behind her. She whipped around as she pulled her keys from the lock and smiled at the man.

Dean was perfectly nice, sometimes too nice but never overstepped boundaries. His build was around the same as hers but maybe a few inches shorter than her without shoes on. He had pale skin, blue eyes and curly ginger hair that matched his freckles. When she had first met him, she had commented in her head that her reminded her of Ron Weasley.

"Hey, Dean! Good morning. How are you?" She asked bending down slightly to pick up the handles of Ziggy's carrying case.

"I'm good, good, are-are you going on a trip or something?" He asked, gesturing to the plethora of suitcases that she had.

"Oh yeah, you know, work stuff, so."

"Right, right. Do you know where you're going?" Dean asked, trying not to seem super interested in what she had going on in her life.

"Budapest." Aspen said with another smile, nodding her head along with him as he made a sound of understanding.

"Well, do you need any help with your bags?"

Xhosa, and Freddy even though he had never met him and only heard stories from her other best friend, had told her that Dean had a major crush on her. Aspen really didn't believe them as she was sure that he was just being friendly. Besides, she would be able to tell if someone had a crush on her.

"Yes please, thank you so much. I really didn't want to have to make more than one trip." She thanked him gratefully.

The two of them brought down the stuff to the Uber she had order to take her to her moms before taking her to the airport for her flight. She didn't want to leave her car in the parking lot for almost seven months.

Dean helped her out to the car with her bags in toe while she carried her dogs carrier and one of her bags. Aspen thanked him, giving him a quick hug, not noticing the redness in his face that matched his hair.

"Hello!" She said to the driver.

"Good morning." The woman in the front seat side.

"Do you already have the address?"

"Yes, I do-" The women's words were cut off as she looked back at her passenger, eyes growing wide. "Holy shit, you're Aspen Caragill. I love your character in Stranger Things so much. Oh my god."

"Thank you so much! I really appreciate that." She said smiled at widely, placing a hand on her chest in adoration.

"Do you mind- before we go, do you mind if we take a picture? It'll be really quick, I promise."

"No, of course not! I don't mind." Aspen scooted forward in her seat to get closer to the camera, both of them smiling happily while the actress listened to the woman say under her breath, mostly to herself, "My kids are never going to believe this."

They were soon off. First, to her mothers and then to the airport.

-