ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

Dain was the youngest out of his family, but he acted like the oldest. He had two sisters and one brother. Adrien and Katja were the oldest, while Mable was the middle child. Dain doesn't have much contact with them anymore. Ever since he and Valerian left his home island, he kept exploring the world, finding new kinds of dragons, but he tries to visit every once in a while.

He's encountered some dragon hunters along the way, saving the magnificent creatures in the process. Valerian was around Dain's age when he found her. His mom is the kindest woman you could ever meet, - and her cooking is spectacular - His mother would always support her children in whatever they did, even if it was a bad idea, she still cared about them. Unless it was killing a dragon, that would be a different story.

His mother would do anything for her children. She was kind, smart, beautiful, and had a sense of humor. Some might say she was an odd woman. It was peculiar for a woman to have such a personality. The whole village was intrigued by her, but in the end, she got what she wished for. A happy, beautiful family.

The shorter boy stood near his dragon, Valerian, watching as the stranger stood in front of him, picking a fight about dragons. Dain wasn't sure how he felt about this 'Ari' character. He was slightly taller than Dain, but not by much. His curly, yet, messy hair was strange. Dain didn't really think it suited him very well, it looked odd. His hazel eyes seemed to show curiosity, the light brown, and gray blending with each other.

The scars on his face seemed deep, but faded. They weren't leaving anytime soon. One of the scars, over his eyes, looked the oldest out of the rest. It cut through his eyebrow, crossing over his eyes. It was ragged, but clean. It looked like a dagger or a dragon talon created it. It was lighter than his tanned skin, showing off more. Ari had another one on his cheek, smaller, though. And another one across his nose.

"So, other than your monster— your dragon, why are you not running for the hills?" Ari questioned the shorter boy, having his arms crossed.

Dain tilted his head slightly. "Well, she's my friend. She trusts me and I trust her." He explained, still gaining the same expression from the boy. "Okay, look at it this way. Valerian is like family to me. We go everywhere together, discover new things together."

Ari shook his head. "But, why?" He asked again, hoping to gain more reasoning on to why be friends with such a monster. Ari was taught that they killed, burned down huts, stole livestock, just out of sport.

Dragons didn't deserve to live with them. They're hideous beasts that are being hunted for a reason, killed.

Dain sighs gently, disappointed in the uncultured viking in front of him. "Dragons aren't dangerous creatures. They show us magic and different ways to live with them. They don't intentionally burn down huts and steal livestock, they feel threatened by Dragon Slayers. Ari raised his eyebrow. He's never been called a Dragon Slayer.

"They enjoy killing these magical creatures out of sport. Presenting their beautiful scales and teeth like their trophies they've earned." Dain says, soon sounding upset as he talked about dragon hunters.

Ari soon realized he wasn't a dragon hunter, he was one of those... Riders. The hunter decided to stay quiet, not wanting the Wyvern to burn him alive. Speaking of, Valerian was laying down, next to Dain's feet, playing with a pine cone that have previously fallen. Her purple eyes concentrating deeply on the pine cone, feeling the need to protect it from someone.

The dragon hunter looked up at the sky, seeing the sky grow darker. The previous light shade of blue started turning into an orange-y pink. Ari looked behind him, seeing nothing but trees. He knew if he stayed out any longer, his father's men would be sent out, looking for him.