ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4

Small children ran around the island, playing with wooden dragons that their fathers carved for them. The small island, Wedlock, was beautiful. Trees surrounded most buildings, having vines cover the roofing. Unusual plants grew in Wedlock, especially herbs. The grass was soft, but also scratchy on your face, but comfortable to lay on to stare at the sky.

One odd thing this island has, isn't just unusual plants, but they also allowed dragons on this said island. Wedlock was an island full of Dragon Riders. This. This was Dain's home. This is where he grew up. His oldest sibling, Adrian, was the first son of the Annson family. Dain is the second son, but he always looked up to his brother.

Adrian had short, dark brown hair, with his father's eyes. Oak-wood brown, a hint of green in them. He was brave, loyal, and he always believed in the best in people. He never hated someone for their past actions. Adrian believes that people can change for the better.

A silhouette of the island came into view, having Dain smile brightly. He was finally home, once again.

Valerian flew down, landing carefully on the smooth grass. Dain rubbed the back of her scales, jumping down. "Good girl, Val." He praises, approaching the small village.

A young Viking sat on the steps of her home, drawing on her notebook. She had alluring green eyes, freckles speckled around her face and arms. Her silver hair looked a lot like Dain's but was braided, having flowers in said braids.

Dain and Valerian walked into the village, making the girl look away from her notebook. Instantly, a bright, giggly smile appeared on her face, seeing her brother.

"Dain!" She exclaims, closing her book, and got up from where she sat, running towards her younger brother.

She wasn't all that tall. She was slightly shorter than Dain, but not by much. The young girl wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. Dain hugged her back, smiling contently.

She pulled away from him, smiling brightly at him. She examined his face, noticing a few new details. "I missed you so much. You have to see Katja and Ma!" She says from excitement, pulling her younger brother towards her home.

Dain laughs softly, having Valerian follow behind him, happy to be home as well. Mable pushed the door open, letting Dain inside, closing the door behind him. The house hadn't changed much. The same pictures hung by the entrance of the door. Plants and herbs were covering every corner, every wall of the house. The aroma of fresh bread, and warm cinnamon infested Dain's sense. The torches that hung on the walls gave a luminescent feeling to the room.

Herbs dangled from the ceiling, allowing the cinnamon to roam free. He didn't think his childhood home would still smell the same, feeling the same after years of barely visiting. He left when he turned sixteen, being away for, approximately, three years.

Dain still visited once-in-awhile, but not regularly. He just, never had the time to visit.

    "Mama, Papa! Dain's finally, home!" Mable calls out, letting go of Dain's hand, going on the hunt for their parents.

From around the corner, an older girl, with dark ginger pocked around the corner, smiling brightly at Dain. "Hey, Pipsqueak!" She calls out, walking over to him. She wore a light, green dress, with a small pouch around her waist. Her hair was pulled into a braided bun.

She walked up to him, hugging him tightly. Dain, of course, hugged her back. The smile hasn't left his face once since he arrived.

    "Hey, Katja, how are you?" He asks, both of them pulling back from the hug to look at each other.