ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰²

CHAPTER 2competition

CHAPTER 2
competition

THE CLASS WAS FORCED TO STAY seated as the bell hadn't rung just yet. Erwin quickly tried to wrap up their session for the day, answering a few questions some students had about the packet while Armin leaned against the doorframe, and Erwin's words went in through one ear and out the other as he waited for Y/n's class to be finished.

His shoulder propped beside the cool metal with his arms folded across his chest, as he rested his right leg over his left. He watched Y/n as she gently placed her long black hair behind her ear, attempting to maintain its sleekness.

"And remember to get that packet finished by the end of this week." Erwin announced, causing the whole classroom to immediately burst out into one last fit of frustration; everyone except for Eren.

His face was buried in the papers that were once stapled together as he had scattered them along his desk to finish the packet all at once. His tongue poked out from between his lips while his pencil quickly danced across the last page to answer his final question.

A hefty sigh escaped his pink lips once his grip on his pencil loosened and he dramatically leaned into the back of his chair. Armin scoffed with displeasure as Eren's eyes veered to the corner, discreetly landing on Y/n as she had pulled out her phone to look at herself, her attention only on herself as Erwin said his last couple words.

Eren takes one last breath before building up the courage to only separate his lips. They tremble as he struggles to find the words to start a conversation with the girl, and he can't do anything but sit and watch as Y/n jumps up from her seat with excitement as the bell sounds throughout the room, with that nothing is able to escape from his parted lips.

A weight was lifted off of his chest, oxygen flowing into his lungs as he continued to breathe once again. He shook his head in relief as he took a stand from his seat, baffled with himself at how tense he had gotten before even getting the chance to speak with her while he made his way to Erwin's desk.

Y/n faced the direction of the door, and as she spotted him Armin noticed how her body stiffened for a quick second; not in much of a rush to leave anymore after being in his presence again.

She stared at him for a moment, a little longer than she intended to before her eyes quickly averted to Connie as her classmates passed by to flee out of the room, but as she was about to step foot in his direction he was already seconds away from leaving with Reign.

Floch was her second choice, but she sucked her teeth as she saw him speeding down the halls. More than likely trying to badger Robyn as they made their way together to the lunchroom to wait for the rest of their group, leaving Eren as Y/n's last and only resort for that matter.

He was found hovering over Erwin's desk; stray hairs falling in his face as one of his earbuds swung back and forth from him just slightly bobbing his head to his music.

As he aligned his scattered papers together, stationing them beneath the staple he was faintly able to hear Erwin applaud him for his hard work, but it was all fuzzy with one of his earbuds in as he listened to his music.

Y/n awkwardly tucked some loose strands of hair behind her ear as she turned the rest of her body to face the two, trying to hide herself after she sensed Armin approaching behind her.

She clutched her handbag when she felt Armin's tall lean figure looming behind her, and she would've kept ignoring Armin if it weren't for the small waft of his sweet scent striking her nose as his hand melted into her shoulders. That scent only grew more nauseating as he bent down beside her, his breath fanning against her ears sending a cool shiver down her spine as he spoke gently.

"I wanted to talk about earlier." He says only loud enough for her to hear, having her spin around to face him.

Her eyes shake continuously as she struggles to look into his mesmerizing blue eyes that dart into hers. She's flustered and although she's trying to maintain her calm and collected composure she's losing her shit on the inside which made Armin flash her smirk that he was still able to have that effect on her even after she rejected him.

He made her have these awkward and weird feelings, and it was annoying. It was annoying, but she didn't not like it...

Eren's heading back to his seat now, his side sling backpack  rested along the back of his chair, and as he makes his way he's surprised to see Y/n still lingering behind in the classroom. His eyes wander over to her direction and he exchanges a quick glance with Armin for a split second on his way back.

The conversation you two were carrying on appeared a bit intimate to Eren and a part of him didn't want to engage in any of it, but there was another part of him that wanted to be a nuisance and cause trouble for the both of you after what Floch had told him.

He slides his backpack off his chair, tossing it over his head as it now lies on his shoulder, but his hand lingers on the back of his chair, centering itself in the middle, and only Armin can see as he gently slides his chair into his desk, causing it to make a loud noise as the legs of the chair stutter against the tiled floor as Y/n is in his blind spot.

"My bad." He musters out, a grin painting his face as Y/n suddenly looks behind her to find him apologizing "sincerely".

"Eren!" She exclaims, and she's a little taken aback when she looks up at him. He's tall when standing next to her, and his green eyes are fierce, his jawline sharp and he has a very gruff face, but his whole expression is soft and comforting.

"I —well we were actually waiting for you." Y/n explains, and Armin quirks his brow at her lost for words. Eren's playing it cool when he acts all shocked, but Armin knows his little scheme and he's not enjoying not one second of their giddy interaction.