DAWNING.

"you don't even know me."

"i want to, though."

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

MILO BRIGHTWOOD ━━━━ ( IN BLOOM! )

( IN BLOOM! )

CLAY JOHNSON ━━━━
( LOVERBOY! )

CLAY JOHNSON ━━━━( LOVERBOY! )

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

"i want you."

"but... you have me?"

"all of you. forever."

PROLOGUE.

Boyhood was a concept long since lost to Milo Brightwood. It was something he yearned for, something his heart ached and ached for, but he knew it wouldn't grace him.

Boyhood, to some boys, was rough and tumble. It was scraped, bloodied knees, shining with crimson blood that ran proudly through their infuriating cisgender bones. It was having their fathers whisper to them of legacies soon to arrive upon them. It was laughter being stolen from the backs of their throats and staining the air jubilantly around them instead. Milo didn't get that.

Instead, he was placed in a body shorter than the other boys, one slightly chubbier maybe, one that didn't feel his own. One with curves at the hips he always tried to hide. One with curves on the chest he was forever trying to push back. A body that felt distorted, warping around his ideas of wrong and right.

His mind plunged. Drowning, drowning, only resurfacing when Milo met him.

Together, their hearts stitched together, making one, intertwining in a way that not even the heavens could fight against. They were battered and bruised, but they were breathing, every breath stronger than the last.

AUTHOR'S THOUGHTS.

   There is a secluded part of me that knows this chapter of my life will be over before I know it. The chapter of my life where I stay up until the early hours of the morning, until my eyes are stinging and my mind is aching, just to watch people on the internet, playing and laughing with friends.

There will be a time in the future that inevitability will overrun my desire to stay lost in the blissful ignorance of my youth. There will be a time where nobody will be able to prevent me growing up, entering the world of terrifying adulthood, and where the people who never knew I even existed will remain oblivious forevermore.

The people I write about have devoted their lives to streaming, to making content to make others feel happy and warm. Yet, they are still strangers, and they only show us parts of their lives—parts of their lives that I always seem to latch onto, like they are a life jacket floating in the abyss of an ocean I find myself nearly drowning in.

     The people I write about, I write about because the comfort they bring me, no matter how big, nor how small, is everlasting. And it holds a warm, hollow root in my heart, where no matter whether I forget it or not, it will always be there.

To them, I am nobody. But to me, the joy they bring me means the world.

And they are just people. They are just humans too, built with gunmetal bones and warm, thrumming hearts made to live through breaking; they are as human as I am. In no way do I glorify them, because they are not mystical, nor magical, nor is the joy they bring me unheard of in others.

I just find it so much easier to love other humans than it is for me to love myself. That is why I write about them. I don't write for others necessarily, but I am a human that has a passion, and that passion will burn on and on (even when I forget it), and I wish to share it with others the way content creators I look up to share their passions too.

For we are all just humans. We are not magical, but we can feel so.

HOLD THOSE WHO MEAN THE MOST;

CLOSEST TO YOUR HEART;

AND NEVER LET THEM GO.

SAPNAP ━━━━
( a heart of pride )

GEORGE ━━━━
( pretty boy )

WILBUR ━━━━
( he was loving )

NIHACHU ━━━━
( like a flower )

QUACKITY ━━━━
( warm-eyed boy )

KARL ━━━━
( a golden heart lay )

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR

( rorybeloved! )

– hello all! i'm glad you've decided to read this fanfic, i hope you all enjoy.

– quick reminder that the characters i am writing about here are just that: characters. most descriptions on appearance, personality, and identity are all fictional!

– (the only things not derived from my imagination is names and basic frameworks for characters, but even that is very loose!)

– note that this book has an lgbt character, but because i find it easier to write in a way that i, a queer individual, can relate to. if you are homophobic, kindly leave now!

– bear in mind that i write mostly on ao3, so i will be less active/interactive on here! my ao3 user is 'lovedawn' if you'd like to check it out!

– just generally, be nice to all when commenting etc. don't be rude!

"blooming"
rorybeloved ©